PDA

View Full Version : nova sri problems

raymond
29-01-07, 04:58 PM
yesterday went out to check oil and water on my nova when unscrewing the oil cap it was stuck harder than usual when i took it of it was full of sludge white i persumed condensation but it was extremely thick wiped it clean when finished work did the same again now its full any ideas what it could be

its not loosing water
no pipes are pressurising
no oil water mix

is it just nothing

dannyb
29-01-07, 05:07 PM
Was it like mayonnaise? I think you may have a bit of head gasket failure. Change the oil, check the coolant for any more of the same (change if necessary), drive it for a while more and get a colour/pressure test done.

raymond
29-01-07, 05:21 PM
yes it was like a moyonnaise but extremely thick

Adam
29-01-07, 07:03 PM
White oil is oil/water mix....
So there should also be oil in the coolant if the hg was going.

Wipe it off, take it for a long drive and see if its come back.

raymond
07-02-07, 07:02 PM
still no luck with this ive cleaned it off and its still coming back and there is still no oil water mix

any suggestions would be great

c20xesleeper
07-02-07, 07:04 PM
head gasket mate .

c20xesleeper
07-02-07, 07:04 PM
check expanshion bottle bet thats the same

Adam
07-02-07, 07:07 PM
My corsa had quite a build up of "mayo" when i got it, it had been used for short journeys mainly. None in the expansion tank, and it wasn't loosing oil or water.

Now its done quite a few miles since then the mayo's gone.
It might just be because of the weather.

Try going for a long drive.

raymond
07-02-07, 07:10 PM
My corsa had quite a build up of "mayo" when i got it, it had been used for short journeys mainly. None in the expansion tank, and it wasn't loosing oil or water.

Now its done quite a few miles since then the mayo's gone.
It might just be because of the weather.

Try going for a long drive.

I tried what you said in the previous post took it for along drive left it overnight and its started clogging up again but its quite bad not just a ittle bit its really thick

Adam
07-02-07, 07:11 PM
If theres coolant in the oil, there should be oil in the coolant...

Check the expan tank.

raymond
07-02-07, 07:15 PM
no coolent in the oil and no oil in the coolent everything is fine do you think a good service change of oil water coolent etc etc and then start again may solve the problem

Adam
07-02-07, 07:17 PM
Yeah you could try changing the oil/filter.

tom reid
07-02-07, 07:43 PM
Regular servicing is the way to stop this, short runs are very bad for the engine as it just gets up to temp the gets switched off.
Check you breather pipes, they could also have the dreaded gunge syndrome.

Donova
07-02-07, 10:42 PM
Mine gets a bit of gunge on the filler cap when it's cold (minus 6 last night!) no oil in the header tank and it always clears once the weather warms up, as said short journeys not good.

raymond
08-02-07, 04:26 AM
thanks ill try all the alternatives you have mentioned and go from there

SRI crazy
08-02-07, 08:58 AM
get a tin of engine flush and put it thru da engine an see if dat helps mite clean it out