PDA

View Full Version : Manifold

Anonymous
26-07-01, 12:26 PM
I have got an F reg GTE and when I went for my M.O.T I was told I have a small crack in the maifold, I might as well get a decent new one so has anyone got any suggestions as to which manifold to go for, P.S. I will soon be getting a full stainless Scorpion system.
Thanx
Nathan

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
26-07-01, 04:30 PM
youve been after a nice crack for a while m80 !

lmao

"One day a Florist goes for a haircut. After the cut, he goes to pay the Barber and the barber replies: 'I am Sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I am doing a Community Service'. The Florist is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the Barber goes to open his shop, there is a Thank you Card and a dozen roses waiting at his door. A Cop goes for a haircut and he also goes to pay the Barber and the barber replies: 'I am Sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I am doing a Community Service. The Cop is happy and leaves the shop. The next morning when the Barber goes to open his shop, there is a Thank you Card and a dozen Donuts waiting at his door. An Indian Software Engineer goes for a haircut and he also goes to pay the Barber and barber replies; 'I'm Sorry, I cannot accept money from you; I am doing a Community Service'. The next morning when the Barber goes to open his shop, guess what he finds there --A Dozen Indians waiting for a free haircut..."

Anonymous
26-07-01, 07:55 PM
drill out each end and weld it up. problem solved. trust me it works coz the RAF use this method for stoping cracks in aircraft wings!! lol

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
26-07-01, 09:09 PM
A sensible answer for you eybic...

I've got the Magnex 4:2:1 manifold. Quite a few people from the site have the same manifold and they really are good. I got mine for just under ?200 inc VAT and Delivery and fitting. I've gut a custom made stainless steel system and the whole lot works really well together. Plus you'll hear a nice little growl under your bonnet :)

Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
27-07-01, 09:06 AM
Cheers Jim :D thats the way forward then, I am debating whether to get a powerflow custom made or a scorpion one, decisions decisions

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
27-07-01, 02:31 PM
Im a cheapskate, so i got the sportex 4 branch steel one. (?100 from On-line autosport) which i then sprayed with silver manifold paint. looks nice, sounds wicked with my Magnex system.

Anonymous
27-07-01, 06:28 PM
powerflow silencers tend to have the wadding collapse after about 12months so it gets restricted. i know 5 peeps that this has happened to. im not saying dont buy it but im meerly stating what has happened to peeps

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
28-07-01, 12:05 AM
I'd go for the custom made, that way you'll be able to specify what sort of tail pipe. i.e, twin DTM Upswept, 2,3,or 4" single pipe etc. Personnaly I'd recommend the single pipe about 2.5" in diameter. You don't get any difference in performance from 2 pipes or bigger pipes. A subtle tail pipe will look good and sound sweet.

Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"