PDA

View Full Version : 1.3sr cam in a 1.2

Anonymous
22-07-01, 10:07 PM
i was wondering if any one could help me i am thinking about putting a 1.3sr cam in my 1.2 nova,can anyboby tell me if they have done it and has it made much difference:d

cheers b-)

Anonymous
23-07-01, 11:15 AM
it's a straight swap...and it makes quite a difference to the performance of an ickle 1.2

it's definately worth doing...a 1.2 with filter, zorst, 1.3sr cam will keep up with 1.3sr's

Ged

Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk
Nova Community & Hidden Cameras in a Sunbed Parlour!

Anonymous
23-07-01, 11:27 AM
my 1.2 could thrash the 1.3SR's. so :P

Anybody lend me ?599?
[-numberplate.jpg-]
www.pugtek.net/pubes.asp

Anonymous
23-07-01, 04:56 PM
now you see... swapping the cam being a straight swap would be easy enough if i know what the cam even looked like...
chuck a sack o pc bits at me and i could have one up n running in 10 minutes but engines... oooooh no...

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
23-07-01, 05:29 PM
youd be best to put new followers on. i aint sure about the timing tho would 13sr cam not having higher lift and hence knock timing???

ps Davo u painted ur nova ORANGE! lmao my 13SR would thrash u

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

send nova and mk3 astra gsi pics my way for my attempt at web design.

Anonymous
24-07-01, 12:23 AM
my nova was painted out of aircraft paint, so it wouldnt burn up as i touched 300mph lol. my car was well quick. If i coud find my novca i would want to race your little 1.3 lol (id tie the car down to the road 1st :P )

Anybody lend me ?599?
[-numberplate.jpg-]
www.pugtek.net/pubes.asp

Anonymous
24-07-01, 11:52 PM
thanks for the replies
is everybody sure is a straight swap because ive been told you need to change the carb ,exhaust inlet manifold and things like that:D

Anonymous
26-07-01, 09:12 PM
I swapped my cam last weekend, well, with a little bit of help from CP ;) It's not that difficult a job, but if you're unsure, get a mechanic to do it, or someone you know who you trust to do a good job. You could always fit it yourself and then take it down to the garage to get the timing sorted.

Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"