PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed again!

Lucky Luke!
26-01-07, 07:42 PM
Well after my temp contract ran out i've been let go again! There was a permanent job available but i didnt get it despite being the best performer out of the temps, always well presented, great product knowledge always on time the list goes on!

I wouldnt mind the lad that got it is one step away from an chimp! Doesnt wear company uniform, scruffy, smelly, sits in the van all day, doesnt try, always late and some days doesnt turn up at all!

Oh did i mention he's the directors nephew?

Martin
26-01-07, 07:48 PM
Ahh **** mate that takes the piss...

My mates just had the same thing done to him but the ladd who got it had been to college for 4years probs never got his hands dirrty and all he has is paper work sayin he can do the job were as my mates had 2/3 years experence

Good luck finding another job it took me ages to but i got there in the end

Martin

lee coley
26-01-07, 07:48 PM
That says it all,There saking people at our place and setting polish people on because they work for 9quid an hour,They dont seem to be bothered about quility of work,only money money money!!!

ade
26-01-07, 07:50 PM
9 quid an hour - thats more than most of the guys I work for are on.

Bummer about the job matey - back on the job sites on the net I guess...

What do (did) you do?

Lucky Luke!
26-01-07, 07:50 PM
It seems that it really is who ya know not what ya know!

Even the guy that interviewed me pretty much said that they were told they had to employ him...

I was a appliance installer, but i'm also a qualified auto electrician.

Martin
26-01-07, 07:51 PM
^^ that happend to me i was on ?12 and hour welding and i got layed of and replace buy a 50year old guy who was workin for ?5 an hour.. and hsi work.. lets just say there seemed to have been a flock of pigoens over his head while u was welding..

draper
26-01-07, 07:51 PM
unlucky matey, you'll bounce back

Lucky Luke!
26-01-07, 07:55 PM
I have to i have no choice! i always land on my feet, quite fancy training to be a fireman...

draper
26-01-07, 07:56 PM
go for it, women love a fireman :thumb:

lee coley
26-01-07, 08:00 PM
9 quid an hour - thats more than most of the guys I work for are on.

Bummer about the job matey - back on the job sites on the net I guess...

What do (did) you do?

where do you work? your a painter/panel beater right??

bump
26-01-07, 08:22 PM
That's a bugger Luke, always happens at the worst times.

Ade's in insurance IIRC.

I have to suffer with nepotism, the guys an abject tosser, knows nothing about what he's supposed to do.

Good luck with the job hunt Sir.

Ash
27-01-07, 12:42 AM
My mates just had the same thing done to him but the ladd who got it had been to college for 4years probs never got his hands dirrty and all he has is paper work sayin he can do the job were as my mates had 2/3 years experence

Yea, right! im a student atm, don't shot me down yet, and i would rather have 5 years experiance behind me that 3 bits of A4 paper with pretty writing. Plus when i do go to work i have to do at least 2 years as a junior designer before i can earn proper money. hoo huumm that the way it goes i guess.

And Luke good luck finding a new job

Ash

Lynsey
27-01-07, 01:01 AM
yep good luck Luke :thumb: , thats harsh... :(

General Baxter
27-01-07, 09:29 AM
ill pay you ?30 a day cash, to take apart novas for me lol

with a grinder bigger than that <-----

draper
27-01-07, 09:48 AM

where do i sign ??

Pillar
27-01-07, 11:24 PM

ill do it when can i start! maybe we can start on my project that seems to be going no where:cry:

mowgli
28-01-07, 09:21 AM
The world of employment is very fickle. I have worked for a great many idiots who for some reason thought they knew how to manage.....in the past I've been laid off, made redundant, been in a senior role & the newbie was complaining to me about his rubbish wages (he was earning ?3k more than me), been lied to, and even discovered that one employer was dumping blue asbestos on site. Oh, I've only been umemployed for 3hrs in all of my working life (20yrs)

Pillar
28-01-07, 11:14 AM
just spray the filters in the booth full of wd40 that will teach them lol

Matt2107
29-01-07, 10:43 AM
My last day at my current temp placement on Friday :D

Not sure where I'm going but apparently the agency have work for me.

There's plenty of work out there...