PDA

View Full Version : strange noise help needed

naughtynova07
26-01-07, 05:49 PM
not long had my nova and it has just started makein a bad klunking noise mainly when turning at speed ive jacked the car up and cant find any thing wrong under there anyone have any idears?? the wheel bearing is just starting to wine but dont think its anything to do with that

Driver
26-01-07, 06:00 PM
get the wheel baring done for a start maybe something to do with that plus if you leave it too long it will weld itself to your axle and litterally snap off

staggy_gsi
26-01-07, 06:34 PM
sounds like its a CV joint mate. they arent too expensive to buy really.

Dar
26-01-07, 06:35 PM
It would be well worth spanner checking all the major components on the front end. I had a very odd noise on over run on my car and couln't find the problem until I spanner checked the front end. I found that the gearbox mount (car side) to be slightly lose. You couldn't move it by hand but it was lose.

LUV2XLR8
26-01-07, 06:36 PM
look at your discs, also check to see if a suspension coil has snaped. i had a bollocksed anti roll bar once that was tapping the drive shaft.

Adam
26-01-07, 07:33 PM
Sounds like cv to me too.
Does it go if you put the clutch in?

naughtynova07
27-01-07, 01:19 AM
im sure its not a cv joint clickin it seams to happen if im just turnin slighty at speed and not sure if it gos when i put the cluch in ill ave to try that tomorrow. when i jacked it up and shook the wheel from side 2 side i could hear a qutie noise but couldnt find where it was comeing from

coombsey
28-01-07, 06:21 PM
try your track rod ends there only 8 quid to replace