PDA

View Full Version : Harnesses

Anonymous
24-07-01, 05:57 PM
has anyone seen those harness's that go around the rear strut brace? where do i get them from? All the ones ive seen bolt into the normal seat belt positions in the shell -this isn't possible in my car because of the false floor that is going in. Does anyone knows prices aswell?.. thanks in advance. :)

FOR SALE:
1 of my Kidneys...
Must sell due to bad debts!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Anonymous
24-07-01, 08:05 PM
There proper motorsport ones= very expensive!! I was gona fit a pair but my nova project is now fucked.Car was written off last fri nite thanx to a gimp ina saxo drivin into back of me :-( sniff Sniff
Try demon Tweeks

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
24-07-01, 08:07 PM
There proper motorsport ones= very expensive!! I was gona fit a pair but my nova project is now fucked.Car was written off last fri nite thanx to a gimp ina saxo drivin into back of me :-( sniff Sniff
Try demon Tweeks

I hate red 1.1 saxo drivers!! Wrote of my car :-(

Anonymous
24-07-01, 09:53 PM
Breeny,
Since your on novaowners I'd search this subject, because I'm sure that there was alot of debate over whether this would be safe in a crash.
Basically the strut brace from fearless connects the the rear shocks, so in the event of an impact they could snap, rendering your harnesses pretty useless and your face meeting the steering wheel! :O
Mounting the harnesses in the floor is regarded as alot safer. Anyway, you can always create cut outs in the floor so that you can mount them properly!

Chris

wardy@speedsims.com
wardy@equinoxeracing.org

Anonymous
25-07-01, 08:06 AM
some firms do 2 fitments, a roll bar fitment like you are after and a bolt to floor one.

i know sabelt make specific different ones, but brett (fearless) just unstitched his trs ones to make fit.

as far as i am aware noone has snapped their shocks using this method.

Is this what you are trying to do?

http://www.novaload.net/files/york/brettrear.jpg

Anonymous
25-07-01, 08:08 AM
Oh yeah, and i think brett might still have those harnesses in that pic above for sale, if you are interested i'll ask him.

Anonymous
25-07-01, 10:20 AM
yep thats how i want them, i havnt got a rear strut brace just yet so i dont know what diameter they would have to be, i'm also gonna wait until i have my racing seats because standard reclining seats looks shite with harnneses!

FOR SALE:
1 of my Kidneys...
Must sell due to bad debts!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Anonymous
25-07-01, 03:00 PM
just mount the harness to the rear seat mounting points or the the c pillar seatbelt bolts

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---