PDA

View Full Version : hit a kurb at stupid slow speed

ive_had_a_novadose
25-01-07, 05:10 PM
recently it has been really snowy around here and of course i had some fun lol but did'nt hit anything as i was dropping my mate off i went round a corner at like 15 mph and started sliding i cudnt do anything and my left front wheel hit it head on and its pulled my track control arm back and bent the front lower panel back with it anyway to the point has anyone got a lower front panel laying about? and does anyone think that i have bent anything else? anyone from experience help is needed. Thanks

ive_had_a_novadose
25-01-07, 05:11 PM
when i say i hit it i mean the kurb lol sorry forgot to put that bit in

H15 NVA
25-01-07, 06:25 PM
i had to swerve to avoid an x5 while ago and hit kerb, cracked alloy and bent bottom ball joint(well the figure 8 bit of it with fixing holes) and wishbone a bit

mikey14sr
25-01-07, 06:37 PM
The lower suspension arm may be bent, and possibly the steering rod if you hit it hard enough. I repaired a nova with similar damage afew years ago with nothing more than a big sledge hammer and some lumps of wood, but if your front panel's got any rust you'd be best replacing it.

ive_had_a_novadose
25-01-07, 10:52 PM
my lower panel haznt got no rust what so ever its nearly brand new haznt even got painted yet :p do you think it is possible to bend it back to a similar shape that it was origanally it hasnt bent a great deal but enough for me lol my wheel is so far back that when i was driving it home when i braked the arch was coming down onto my tyre making a screeching sound lol :D

Matt2107
26-01-07, 10:59 AM
my lower panel haznt got no rust what so ever its nearly brand new haznt even got painted yet :p do you think it is possible to bend it back to a similar shape that it was origanally it hasnt bent a great deal but enough for me lol my wheel is so far back that when i was driving it home when i braked the arch was coming down onto my tyre making a screeching sound lol :D

Not the best idea to drive it then lol

H15 NVA
26-01-07, 12:42 PM
def sounds like lower arm and bottom balljoint

craig green
26-01-07, 01:52 PM
wonder if the lower arm mounting point on the chassis has crumpled?

Stick new parts on (bot ball joint & TCA) that should then either correct it all or point towards what is actually bent.

ive_had_a_novadose
26-01-07, 03:24 PM
the front panel is bent in towards the back of the car aswell so i deffo need a new one of them which is a b**tard because it is just about brand new :mad: oh well could it be possible that it has bent the strut aswell?

craig green
26-01-07, 04:12 PM
Without pics only you can answer that chap.

Put up some pics or strip it down & start measuring/comparing.

Any damage is possible tbh. You may have bent the chassis leg or turret, bent the cross member & Tie rod brkt etc etc

I cant see what else we can tell you.

mikey14sr
26-01-07, 07:19 PM
On the one I repaired a few years ago the tyre was touching the arch, The impact had pushed the hub back about 2 inches. With some simple panel-beating we had it sitting straight within 3 hours, then took it for for-wheel laser alignment. Some-how everthing wasin the right place, tracking, camber and castor.