PDA

View Full Version : Hazard switch Nightmare!!

Anonymous
14-07-01, 08:09 PM
ive got a mk2 nova, ive just had to pull the hazard switch out because I cant turn the dam thing off.It wont stick and just keeps going. The thing is you need it in to use the indicaters!!. Has anyone else had this problem? will I need a new one? if so how much are they????

Anonymous
14-07-01, 10:46 PM
Yep u need a new one, try phoning Vauxhall they might know how much they are??? All these style of hazard light switches are shit so chances of getting one from
Your local scrap yard are slim m8, but then again you might, so give em a try

Anonymous
15-07-01, 12:56 PM
mine is the same on my gsi and on my mates sr there ?22 from vauxhall i can live without it for a while apparantly u putnew 1 in press it and it breaks

Anonymous
15-07-01, 03:43 PM
if u open it up and take out the springs it stay's in, thats what i had to do with my one :-)

:) mmmmm same shit different Day :)

Anonymous
16-07-01, 06:47 PM
no, there is an easyer way, wedge paper in the side to make it stay in :D

Anonymous
17-07-01, 10:10 AM
When my mk2 hazzard switch went i had a nightmare finding a used one as i wasnt gunna pay ?22 to vauxhall. Luckily i managed to find a place in Leeds that could get me a brand new one ?12!!
The place was called Harry Carr Autos-they have a website and were very helpful. ;)

Anonymous
18-07-01, 06:59 PM
yep iv gone through 4 of them in a years warranty. There crap, put it in and use it for the first time and it breaks! Sh!t pieces.

*B-) As he opens the can of Whoooopass the crowd goes wild when the 1litre buba comes to play B-)*

Anonymous
19-07-01, 08:28 PM
mines hard as fook. ive had it out no end of times and it aint broken. its handy for keeping yer stereo on when you have to unlock the boot lol

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
23-07-01, 09:29 AM
Mine went yesterday, right in the middle of the round about on the M23. Bloody nightmare. All the local scappies were out and the only place I could get one was the local Vauxhall dealership. ?22.67 it cost me.