PDA

View Full Version : My track project (56k - Dream on)

atokley
25-01-07, 02:56 AM
Been joined for a while now, thought i would post up some pictures of my car/work in progress, should be a track animal by the end of the summer.

Not the best background, and it could do with a wash l0l:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00076.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00092.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00079.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00080.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00081.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00088.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00089.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00090.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00084.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/batman_dave/DSC00086.jpg

Current spec:
safety devices half cage, recaros, fully stitch welded, omex **** lights, stripped, dastek unichip, 288mm front brakes, rear disc conversion, wilwood bias, pistons with deeper valve cutouts, cat cams, flowed/port matched head, BTB type c manifold, 2.5inch custom system, Quaife ATB diff (prob more i've missed)

Finished spec should have a couple of extras: full cage that goes thru bulk head, full respray inside and out, better engine management, and either an xe on throttle bodies with around 250bhp or a LET with no less than 300bhp.

Cheers

Andy

burgo
25-01-07, 03:29 AM
you do know building an xe to 250bhp costs lots and lots and then some more... anywho looking looking car mate, pure and simple just the way it should be

Austin_Nova16
25-01-07, 11:02 AM
I take it you live in Sussex then! :thumb:

I have workled on the car many times over the last 5 years that its been a 2ltr. Sweet motor. See you aound!

SRlew
25-01-07, 11:25 AM
looks good buddy! what size mo's are they?

also the backround looks good to me! lol i can see a mk2 festa! in silver aswell!!!! what you doing with that?

atokley
25-01-07, 11:36 AM
I take it you live in Sussex then! :thumb:

I have worked on the car many times over the last 5 years that its been a 2ltr. Sweet motor. See you aound!

I bought the car from a place in sussex, right next to brighton, but i live i colchester essex, or uxbridge during the week. I take it you first converted the nova? If you did you've done a great job mate, haven't really seen many conversions where the engine sits back to the bulkhead nice and the wiring is really tidy. you may get some random pm's from me asking for help lol lol

Thanks for the comment mate

you do know building an xe to 250bhp costs lots and lots and then some more... anywho looking looking car mate, pure and simple just the way it should be
Yep im fully aware building a 250bhp xe costs a lot of money, im more than willing to spend the money and do the work myself tho because its something different as apposed to the usual route of using a LET to get above those sorts of power figures.

looks good buddy! what size mo's are they?

also the backround looks good to me! lol i can see a mk2 festa! in silver aswell!!!! what you doing with that?
Thanks mate! The Mo's are 16" x 6.5inch. That mk2 fiesta is my mates, its going to be basically restored, strengthened, full cage, stripped and a 2litre full zetec turbo. I keep on trying to convince him to chuck a let in it tho :P

Matt2107
25-01-07, 11:42 AM
White boot handle looks nice.

SRlew
25-01-07, 11:50 AM
ah right they look well nice in 16's!!

sounds like he's got some good plans for the festa!
yeh i want to put an xe in one ya see so im going to be after a silver one or a grey xr2.

keep up the good work fella!

Austin_Nova16
25-01-07, 12:09 PM
A friend built the car, and he is/was a vauxhall technition, so it was done very well!

I helped change the box after that blew when another mate bought it...swapped the diff etc. It also snapped its original MANN shafts, so top quality motorsport shafts were fitted then aswell (350quid odd 2nd hand from eurorallye) and they are pritty much bullit proof.

atokley
25-01-07, 12:23 PM
A friend built the car, and he is/was a vauxhall technition, so it was done very well!

I helped change the box after that blew when another mate bought it...swapped the diff etc. It also snapped its original MANN shafts, so top quality motorsport shafts were fitted then aswell (350quid odd 2nd hand from eurorallye) and they are pritty much bullit proof.

nice to know i wont be breaking them :D The driver side shaft has popped outof the outer cv a couple of times on full lock tho.

does this car have a standard f20/f16 rear gearbox mount? Its shagged and i need to change it lol.

Thanks for your help mate, feels funny someone knowing more about one of my cars than me, i normally do all my own stuff lol

Will F
26-01-07, 09:36 AM
Actually a 250 brake XE will cost a fortune.

200-215 is expensive!

To get over 230, you are looking at a Swindon Spec, which is approx ?12k+:eek:

atokley
26-01-07, 11:27 AM
Actually a 250 brake XE will cost a fortune.

200-215 is expensive!

To get over 230, you are looking at a Swindon Spec, which is approx ?12k+:eek:

planning on around 210bhp well mapped on throttle bodies, omega pistons, major headowork, mad cams etc......

+ laughing gas and a good controller to get it above 250bhp.

I'm not just a no hoper that chats a lot of bollox lol, My old crx dynoed at 276bhp@the wheels with the aid of a b18, forgies, darton sleeves and some direct port nitrous.

Dave.
26-01-07, 10:25 PM
hi mate on your steering wheel in the 1st post fancy selling your hoprn push?
if so pm me
cheers
dave

jedi
26-01-07, 10:31 PM
I thort i had see the car before. Good luck with it:thumb:

Mike
26-01-07, 10:32 PM
planning on around 210bhp well mapped on throttle bodies, omega pistons, major headowork, mad cams etc......

+ laughing gas and a good controller to get it above 250bhp.

I'm not just a no hoper that chats a lot of bollox lol, My old crx dynoed at 276bhp@the wheels with the aid of a b18, forgies, darton sleeves and some direct port nitrous.

that is one hell of lot over standard! isnt the B18 rated at about 170bhp standard?

My mates after one to put in his civic to turbo, but the wiring is a right pain in @rse!

Very smart car matey, given me a few visual ideas for mine, as mine is white with grey bumpers too :D

Adam
27-01-07, 12:23 AM
Looks nice that, good and simple.
Tidy.

Future plans sound cool.

atokley
27-01-07, 06:45 PM
that is one hell of lot over standard! isnt the B18 rated at about 170bhp standard?

My mates after one to put in his civic to turbo, but the wiring is a right pain in @rse!

Very smart car matey, given me a few visual ideas for mine, as mine is white with grey bumpers too :D

IIRC the B18C4 (civic VTI-S) lump is around 180bhp standard, the B18C5/6 is the integra type r lump and is 190odd ponies as standard.

I used a B18c4 simply as there wasn't much diff (pistons and crank cradle for higher revs/more compression) I had it built with darton mid sleeves, darton blockguard, JE pistons, eagle rods, the usual arp stuff, cometic head gasket, type r crank cradle to support higher revs, d ported head, jun stage 3 cams, skunk 2 pulleys and valvetrain, skunk 2 inlet, dc sports manifold etc....
It ran 207bhp without nitrous (lower compression that a type r lump because was going to turbo it) and around 150bhp of direct port nitrous. Final power was 276bhp @ wheels, never got around to turboing it.

What wiring problems is he having? Take hes dropping the lump into a car with a d series loom? or is he just converting for OBD0 to OBD1?

Mike
27-01-07, 06:52 PM
IIRC the B18C4 (civic VTI-S) lump is around 180bhp standard, the B18C5/6 is the integra type r lump and is 190odd ponies as standard.

I used a B18c4 simply as there wasn't much diff (pistons and crank cradle for higher revs/more compression) I had it built with darton mid sleeves, darton blockguard, JE pistons, eagle rods, the usual arp stuff, cometic head gasket, type r crank cradle to support higher revs, d ported head, jun stage 3 cams, skunk 2 pulleys and valvetrain, skunk 2 inlet, dc sports manifold etc....
It ran 207bhp without nitrous (lower compression that a type r lump because was going to turbo it) and around 150bhp of direct port nitrous. Final power was 276bhp @ wheels, never got around to turboing it.

What wiring problems is he having? Take hes dropping the lump into a car with a d series loom? or is he just converting for OBD0 to OBD1?

well, the problems hes facing is mateing the B18 loom to his existing D15 (iiirc? its a 1.5LSi V-tec Civic thats all i know lol) as yes, we'er yet to sort his engine convo out, but looking at the loom/ECU we cant find any compatbility tbh

atokley
29-01-07, 03:42 PM
well, the problems hes facing is mateing the B18 loom to his existing D15 (iiirc? its a 1.5LSi V-tec Civic thats all i know lol) as yes, we'er yet to sort his engine convo out, but looking at the loom/ECU we cant find any compatbility tbh

I know going between the d16 (1.6 twincam) loom and b16/b18 loom is pretty simple (couple of extra wires) but i think the D15 engine loom is quite dis-similar, go on www.hondacrx.co.uk/forum and have an ask, quite a few people with a lot of knowlege on engine conversions on that site.

kevster
29-01-07, 07:14 PM
you are scots mate , with tommys old nova lol small world like the moter

atokley
29-01-07, 08:28 PM
you are scots mate , with tommys old nova lol small world like the moter

yep that'll be the one ;)

scotty86d
30-01-07, 07:43 PM
its scott kev!!!!Get it right, 2 t's. Nice looking Rs turbo and Fiesta in the background their andy lol!!!

This thing is a good little car to be carted to uni in I have to say. Nice and quick and the new exhaust is neat.

scotty86d
30-01-07, 07:44 PM
Kev you got the previous owner's number, think andy's lost is on an old phone

kevster
30-01-07, 08:46 PM
dude why you love ford i will never no i spent menny night helping you get that bloody thing runniing lol and it still off the road lol

kevster
30-01-07, 08:47 PM
will get the numbers for you
to night
:)