PDA

View Full Version : R1 carbs - 1.3sr?

db_1.2
24-01-07, 11:00 PM
Im looking into buying a 1.3sr engine (unsure of code, escapes me) but anyway i was thinking about putting t40's onto it, but then thought i would like to do something different so i thought about r1 carbs.......

The main issues i have are:

-TPS?? I thought they were carbs, your telling me i have to use and ECU now?!:(
-Manifold, bogg bros? Heard they were useful, but expensive???
-Anyone got that issue of tv with the blue wide arch nova, wasnt that 1.3sr R1?
-Anyone else done it on here before?
-Would it be worth doing as it is cheaper than a t40 setup (as far as i know) Would it be any better?

Any USEFUL contribution always greatly appreciated:thumb:

rybo
24-01-07, 11:18 PM
buy second hand carbs and pump off ebay/bike breakers etc
buy the inlet manifold off bogg bros-thers a fitting guide in a recent tv that seemed good
if you do it yoursel then take it to bogg bros theyll set it up for next to nothing
ive heard mixed opinions about them and t40s but in my experience r1s are sound
thats bout all i know soz

db_1.2
24-01-07, 11:23 PM
What issue was the fitting guide in mate? Anyone else got it?

Adam
25-01-07, 12:37 AM
The main issues i have are:

-TPS?? I thought they were carbs, your telling me i have to use and ECU now?!:(
-Manifold, bogg bros? Heard they were useful, but expensive???
-Anyone got that issue of tv with the blue wide arch nova, wasnt that 1.3sr R1?
-Anyone else done it on here before?
-Would it be worth doing as it is cheaper than a t40 setup (as far as i know) Would it be any better?

Any USEFUL contribution always greatly appreciated:thumb:
They have a tps yeah for if you Want to run management. A normal 1.4sr dizzy/coil setup will suffice

Bogg bro's do the inlets but maybe worth checking local engineering places, see what they could make up

I've got the TV issue yeah, wouldn't believe the power claims tho, "130bhp at the fly" from a 1.3 engine.........

Dont think they have

Its cheaper buy the carbs yeah, but then you need an inlet made, custom air filter backplate etc, so cost would end up about the same.

You'd probably not see any power gains over t40 dellortos/webers, but apparently bike carbs give better low end driveability as the carbs work in a different way to t40s.

Ash
25-01-07, 01:34 AM
yea, what he said. i seriously looked into it, but i already had the T40's and manifold, and just couldn't be ****d really, i dont think there's really that much differants really, R1's for better drivablity though as they fuel very linier where as carbs dont as much. Probably be cheaper to do T40's i only payed just under ?200 for my carbs and manifold. Plus the popularaty of R1 carbs is growing - pushing prices up.

Ash

burgo
25-01-07, 01:44 AM
theres a breakers near me who do bike carbs for ?50 :)

SRlew
25-01-07, 09:54 AM
that sounds good burgo, get me a set!

burgo
25-01-07, 10:08 AM
that sounds good burgo, get me a set!i aint gonna go buying sets because people say they want them then be left with **** loads of carbs sitting about

SRlew
25-01-07, 10:10 AM
for that price id come down to your breakers lol

might see who much they go for here. get some on me brothers xr2 :D

burgo
25-01-07, 10:11 AM
i dont know what they were off but they were 40mm and complete so good enough for me

SRlew
25-01-07, 10:18 AM
yeh sounds good to me lol

wouldnt mind trying a set out on something. im off to a breaker when i get paid lol

db_1.2
25-01-07, 11:21 PM
............Yeh i dont mind people hi-jacking my thread thats fine:thumb:lol

Yeh Burgo if you see any for that price still, let me know and ill have to see if i can come get them or sort out paymant and postage or something:thumb: