PDA

View Full Version : gsi clocks

Dave.
24-01-07, 10:30 PM
just got a set of black faced mk2 gsi clocks donated to me from novaSR-sh, but will i9 have to get a gsi loom to fit them, eg to make the battery and oil gauge work?

dave

Asa-James
24-01-07, 10:35 PM
didnt take you long! batery should work fine, need to change your oil pressure switch and possibly run an extra wire for the iol pressure gauge and rev counter.

Dave.
24-01-07, 10:40 PM
on the white faced ones in my car they also have rev counter, the plug went straight in and the rev counter works, but the oil and battery have the red backing on

Asa-James
24-01-07, 10:46 PM
so i see. well, as you saw from my car, most of my experiance begins and ends with the mk 1 , so i'm out. enjoy!

btw are you the only normal looking person round widness? soooooo many schott hoodies!

Dave.
24-01-07, 10:54 PM
lol ye theres hundreds of chavs in widnes, the people on my estate ( all 10 of us lol) all have long hair and we all have a mosh pit at half 9 at night lol

thats why the cars at rainhill, wouldnt last 5 mins here lol.

i had ?5 in my poicket to give you but i forgot lol, sorry

cheers tho, got bored before so i started spinning the speedo cable thing on the back with my fingers, clocked up another mile lol

Adam
25-01-07, 12:39 AM
They will plug straight in.

Oil pressure will read off the scale tho.

Dave.
25-01-07, 07:15 PM
how van i make the oil pressure read the actaull 1?

and will the batter gauge work too?

Adam
25-01-07, 07:16 PM
Battery gauge will work fine.

You need a 2pin oil sender from a gte/gsi to make the oil pressure read correctly.

Quite rare to come across tbh.

Dave.
25-01-07, 07:35 PM
ok ill just superglue the oil gauge down to over half lol
shoulkd look ok

Adam
25-01-07, 07:38 PM
Funk that.
Just leave it until you find a sender,Lol.