PDA

View Full Version : Diamond cut wheels

JSeymour
24-01-07, 09:03 PM
thinking about getting my wheels or some cav slabs diamond cut or machined not sure whats the difference.

any way, how much does it cost per wheel?
can it be done with the tyres on?
i know it can be done to slabs as there flat but my wheels arent perfectly flat, is that a problem?

:thumb:

H15 NVA
24-01-07, 09:16 PM
can get wheels "ball bearing polished" and can be done to any design wheel, curved wheels can be polished but not sure bout diamond cut. give company called "spit and polish" a call 01732367771 they'll give ya a price and do most finishes i think

JSeymour
24-01-07, 09:30 PM
ok cheers mate.

JSeymour
24-01-07, 09:33 PM
this is what look im after, on his feature page it just says diamond cut..

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1578big.jpg

Jack
24-01-07, 10:41 PM
Afaik Cornish had the lip round the edge of his wheels (same as those cav ones) diamond cut, but not the entire wheel...

Breeny
24-01-07, 11:03 PM
My TH's were diamond turned.

Any decent alloy refurb place will be able to do it, I paid about ?45 a wheel if I remember rightly (Was 4 years ago.. lol)

Tyres need to come off..

Spoke designs cannot be done, well they can but it takes mucho mucho effort on the machinest's part..

Rubbish picture but you get the idea..

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/940big6.jpg

peester
24-01-07, 11:20 PM
aye, spit n polish are a prooven good co. to use.. there are others too..
just remember ideally not to run polished wheels during winter or all year round; the wheel has no paint: no protection, if polished, tho it is laquered but obviously thats not a lot of protection compared to normally painted alloys. Have to be more selective with wheel cleaner/acids u use too. But in my opinion theyre like jeans, never go out of fashion.

Breeny
25-01-07, 08:18 AM
Diamond turning is not a polish..

They turn the wheel on the lathe with a diamond tip (durr lol) and then put a laquer over the top.

I ran the 19's on my BM throughout the winter with no problems. (But you have to clean them every other day or the salt eats into the laquer)

The only other bad thing about diamond turning is you can only have it done 2/3 times so if you're prone to a bit of curbage.. don't do it! hehe

http://www.breeny.co.uk/19wheel.jpg

SRlew
25-01-07, 09:46 AM
yeh i went to see a local guy near me, and he said he's testing new colours etc like smoke chrome sort of colours, that got me tempted, i was going to get my cav slabs done but i dont think itd suit my car now oh well.

think im going to get him to do something to my spare wheel and see how it looks etc.

also thats the pic i was after ages ago when i was considering it! got it saved just incase now lol

JSeymour
25-01-07, 01:41 PM
il just take the car to a alloy refurb place then and see what they say.....if they cant do my multispokes il get some slabs and have them done. cheers y'all

H15 NVA
25-01-07, 03:14 PM
multi spokes can be ballbearing polished, like sandblasting in a way but the ball beraings polish after wheel is atripped, then they laquar them

Martin
25-01-07, 04:15 PM
il just take the car to a alloy refurb place then and see what they say.....if they cant do my multispokes il get some slabs and have them done. cheers y'all

I'l have a set of 5 for sale soon 4 are white one is brand new... no tyres so wil be easier to.. gimme a pm if u want them u can have 1st dibs