PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable, t40s

Adam
23-01-07, 07:40 PM
Using the type of cable EuroCarb/Burton power sell, are these attached to the pedal using one of those pedal blocks? Just a single cable.

Anyone got any different ways of doing it, not using a block?

General Baxter
23-01-07, 07:50 PM
just use the block its simple lol

Adam
23-01-07, 08:24 PM
No
That costs.

And everywhere seems out of stock.

And apparently the throttle pedal needs modding fit the block.

General Baxter
23-01-07, 08:34 PM
yeah just drill out the weld that holds the normal cable braket on, slide the block over and do the grub screw up lol

send me ?10 and ill send you a twin cable lol

dan23
23-01-07, 08:37 PM
iirc you have to weld the block to the pedal or something ,cant you cut the end of the standard carbed cable an use it, once youve fitted it put a motor bike spoke nipple on the to stop it fraying an to stop loseing the cable down the outer it it comes loose

Ben_1981
23-01-07, 09:08 PM
Just use the block and cables supplied then make a plate. It's a piece of piss to do, but for added saftey you can weld the block to the pedal, make sure it's straight and the welder isn't too high lol

General Baxter
23-01-07, 09:09 PM
my block was alloy that wont weld to steel lol

im sure if you get it hot enought tho, it will all melt together in a big blob lol

SRlew
23-01-07, 09:24 PM
nice i dea baxter lol

whats this block thats mentioned tho? any pic of it?

Adam
24-01-07, 12:16 AM
Its this:-
http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/1b/0a/78_1_b.JPG

Attaches to the pedal, which then attaches to the throttle cable(s)

Weldings not an option(dont have a welder)

craig green
24-01-07, 09:53 AM
Go to a decent cycle shop & use tandem inner cables, outer casing from a reel & then have solderless nipples.

I used to work here; www.sjscycles.com (http://www.sjscycles.com)

Have a look on the site under cable spares or accessories. You should be able to mock up something handy. We had a few bespoke car manufacturers use us for cables.

Adam
24-01-07, 03:53 PM
A long bike cable, with a barrel shaped end which by looking at the pedal should clip on fine.
The other end of the cable can just be bare so it can be clamped in the linkage.
With just a in-line adjuster to bolt it to the linkage.

Cheers for the site Craig, i can write down exactly what i need, might pop in the local bike shop tomorrow.

Might just use one cable.

SRlew
24-01-07, 06:41 PM
yeh as i said to you ad mines got a bike cable on and works a treat,

lol never seen one of them blocks before