PDA

View Full Version : What do you prefer on your small-block engine

MOL
23-01-07, 06:23 PM
On the small block engines (i suppose it aplies to larger lumps too, But Im curious to what people prefer on the 1600 engines.)

Do people prefer....

Air filter (cone)

standard air-box

Panel filter.

Today I took the air filter off my gsi and replaced it with the standard air-box, as i didnt think it was doing much good.

Just wondering other people's opinions :cool: :thumb:

Chris
23-01-07, 06:26 PM
standard airbox with panel filter.

Well thats what I would run if I could but I prefer my big suckies lol

Adam
23-01-07, 06:32 PM
Panel filter.

SRlew
23-01-07, 06:37 PM
ah right thats quiet intresting actually, never had injection so i dont know lol

thought cone tbh but as said, i dont anything bout injection lol

Riggy
23-01-07, 06:39 PM
yeah i have a pipercross induction on at the min but i also have a k&n panel filter just need to find a std airbox:thumb:

MOL
24-01-07, 12:42 AM
ahh cool, Quite interesting different people prefering different things.
Think I'm going to invest in a panel filter myself this week, Ive not been too impressed with the cone filter. :cool:

ANDYRACER
24-01-07, 08:31 AM
When me and Ste fitted the 1.6 lump in my old nova i bought a ramair panel filter and Ste chopped out the restrictions in the airbox.
It made a nice throaty sound like an induction kit and looked miles better under the bonnet imo. :thumb:

Stuart
24-01-07, 09:11 AM
plus an airbox wont suck in as much hot air at a cone filter...

craig green
24-01-07, 09:20 AM
Airbox. use a 1" hole cutter & put approx 9 holes in the base & sides away from engine side. Snap out the small restrictions & enlarge the front air feed using some other ducting routed from the grille/headlamp area. I had a K&N panel element in mine.

Matt2107
24-01-07, 09:40 AM
I'm running a K&N cone filter... but tbh that's only because it was in there when I bought the car... I've only driven it 3 times so I can't really judge.