PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Front

Anonymous
19-07-01, 04:17 PM
The front of my car looks like its doing a wheelie, would i be able to just lower the front or would this affect handling etc ??

Anonymous
19-07-01, 04:33 PM
get sum 30mm lowering springs for the front, it should sort things out.

(mind u, i advised sum 1 to chop their springs down in a previous post so don't listen to me!:o :p well...in theory it was my mate who made me say that ;))

Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk
Nova Community & Hidden Cameras in a Sunbed Parlour!

Anonymous
19-07-01, 05:17 PM
why don't you put an engine in there, it will sit lower then !!!

If sex is a pain in the arse....your doing it wrong !

Anonymous
19-07-01, 05:42 PM
but of course it will affect the handling.
but in theory it should be in a good way.
wont be as good as lowering frond and back but should make it better.

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
19-07-01, 08:02 PM
ha ha dont lower the front is will look silly, especaily if the back is standard !!, ask breeny how funny mine looked when we just lowered the front :)

Anonymous
19-07-01, 10:11 PM
what did it look like? The back of mine is standard but my arches are already catching and they have been grinded off! fuckin bodge job! Nice one Damian :P

Anonymous
19-07-01, 10:50 PM
Lowering is generally good for handling as it usually involves the fitting of better and firmer than std. springs and shocks. There won't be any handling probs with lowering the front 30mm and leaving the back std. However it will alter the camber of the front wheels which tends to:
a. Cause the inside of the tread to scrub off quicker than normal.
b. Make the cars steering feel a bit directional and rail like. This effect is increased the wider the tyres and lower you go. Race cars utilise this effect to get better turning in responses and feel thru cornering. Coilover shock kits can be got with a camber adjuster on top of them but they're pricey