PDA

View Full Version : Rattling Airfilter

Anonymous
18-07-01, 11:52 AM
I have a 1.4 SR and since purchasing have heard a nasty rattle from the standrard airfilter, where it meets the exhaust outlet. this has only occured since i took off the airfilter, and i cant seem to fix it. the pipe leading into the airfilter is of a large diameter and is like corrigated metal. how can i fix this? or should i just upgrade the airfilter? and if i upgrade the filter, what do i do with the big hole left?

Anonymous
18-07-01, 12:40 PM
The rattling is the summer/winter flap thingie(very technical!), which opens or closes depending on the temp.

Mine rattled, and it did my head in, jus fork out the cash & get a K&N bolt on filter, well worth it, makes it sound better too!

It gets rid of the hoooge "frying pan" and u get a nice shiney one instead, all sorted!

-------------------------
testies, testies one, two, three...

three???

wotttt the foooook?

:-/
-------------------------

Anonymous
18-07-01, 02:02 PM
Its 4 sucking warm air off the manifold in winter to help the engine warm up quicker when its cold etc to. The "flap" is designed to allow/prevent this warm air being sucked into the manifold automatically according to the temp of the engine etc.

Anonymous
18-07-01, 06:18 PM
take it off!!!!!!

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
18-07-01, 09:22 PM
if its the hole i am thinking of then just get a bit of air duct pipe from halfords and shove it in the hole and have the other half leading to the k&n mine done it but stoped now

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
19-07-01, 02:08 PM
A bolt on filter would solve ya problems and look better, but can cause carb icing in the winter. My old SR would ice after 10-20 miles in the winter, so i had to make a warm air ducting pipe from the exhaust manifold.
It was a pain in the arse!

Anonymous
19-07-01, 05:57 PM
cheers everyone. i shall take your advice, when money permits!