PDA

View Full Version : Group buy NOVA custom equal length driveshafts

Mark Beeson
22-01-07, 09:54 PM
Group buy NOVA custom equal length driveshafts

By running this setup it should cut down torque steer a hell of a lot.

Im having some driveshafts made up for a Nova running equal length shafts. I would supply 1 bar shaft to the correct length. You can then use the offside (drivers) setup off the astra/cav/calibra. This uses the rear XE/LET block mounted bearing carrier to support the fixed inner shaft. Then use the middle CV to the new shaft to the outer astra siza CV.

You must be running the bigger Astra C.V setup in your existing Nova hubs. I sourced all the 2nd hand parts required for ?20 . They came on lots of models including diesel's.

The photo below shows the parts that you need. The bottom shaft shown is the original outer one ive cutand used as a template for length.This is where the new custom length shaft comes in.

The custom made shaft im selling would cost ?100 plus postage.

MSBEESON@NTLWORLD.COM

Mark Beeson
22-01-07, 09:54 PM
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/2116324125.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4576712) CLICK TO ENLARGE
This shows the parts required.
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/2116333072.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4576718) CLICK TO ENLARGE

This shows how the parts fit to the car. There is no clearance problems. It is a direct 'bolt on' fit. Easy to do.
I need to know pretty quickly as they are being made up this week. Ive already got 5 orders for them. I would require payment upfront please.
This is a one off group buy. No limits on number of orders though
Postage isnt a problem. I would estimate about ?8 p + p

loggyboy
23-01-07, 04:17 PM
Any way you can get custom short shaft that suit the inner cv thats on the XE shaft 'extension' and then fits a standard or gte nova outer cv? would sure sell better as all ud need is the equal shaft setup u get on some XE/LETs (which i have already LOL )

Mark Beeson
23-01-07, 04:22 PM
I dont think your quite right if its what I think your saying.

The bearing is fixed as in non adjustable. Fixed to the block and the inner shaft runs only on one part of the inner shaft.

Explain???????

James P
23-01-07, 05:03 PM
well dont make sence!!!!

do you meen the nova small shaft goes into the end of the last picture??

confused

Martin
23-01-07, 06:02 PM
Childs play i under stand you mark... id get some but i'm still payin for my new car

loggyboy
23-01-07, 10:41 PM
i think we have cross wires here.. all i want is a short shaft that goes between the orginal XE inner CV (top right of ur 1st pic, on the end of the extension) that fits to a standard nova(or gte) outer CV.

craig green
24-01-07, 10:07 AM
i think we have cross wires here.. all i want is a short shaft that goes between the orginal XE inner CV (top right of ur 1st pic, on the end of the extension) that fits to a standard nova(or gte) outer CV.

Thats not what mark is offering.

Scooby2
24-01-07, 11:04 AM
I ran this setup on my nova turbo 2 years ago. My equal length shaft was made up of a std astra shaft but cut and resplined to the correct length. How are you doing the equal shaft Mark, cut and replined, or welded in the middle and are the going to be balanced.

On another note this was by far the best mod i did to my nova turbo. It does eliminate alot of torque steer and makes the car more driveable than with the std shafts.

Worth my vote if i ever get and build another nova turbo :D

loggyboy
24-01-07, 02:21 PM
Thats not what mark is offering.

I know thats why my initial post started with 'anyway you can get...?'

I thought as he is getting custom ones made up he may be able to get some of what I require made up, as i would imagine they would sell alot better as people wouldnt need to have the larger hubs, i would imagine most people run standard nova parts with the 22 spline gte shafts.

Mark Beeson
24-01-07, 05:43 PM

I thought as he is getting custom ones made up he may be able to get some of what I require made up, as i would imagine they would sell alot better as people wouldnt need to have the larger hubs, i would imagine most people run standard nova parts with the 22 spline gte shafts.

Nobody with serious power runs original equipment nova cv's. I now know what you are on about. You want to convert XE/LET big block shaft to fit direct into a Nova std Hub and small cv.
The 22 spline way of doing it is the cheap option. I have snapped 6 big/little shafts over the years. So i and many others converted our cars to run the bigger Astra cv's both ends. Whether it be by using a machined Astra hub into a nova bearing ( very weak and snapped on my car mid bend @ Silverstone and the wheel was hanging off ) or had a nova knuckle machined to fit a VW Passat Syncro bearing and a std Astra flange. This then makes the driveshafts as strong as they need to be.
My Idea and what im selling is to make the 2 Astra driveshafts as near damm it to equal length as possible.
An Astra is wider than a Nova. So part of the shaft needs to be shortened. This is what im offering -

One custom made correct length BAR SHAFT for a NOVA to run equal lenth shafts. Billet made from EN24 Steel.

You then need to find the other parts as in picture no.1

Ill try and explain as much as I can. Ask all the questions you want. :thumb:

Im not saying that a your thoughts on a astra/nova shaft conversion couldnt be done. But this is what im offering.

Can someone back me up with what im saying please:D

NovaNeil
25-01-07, 12:49 PM
Mark,

Anychance of getting one made up which is longer to fit into a Corsa B? Not sure on the length difference on shafts between Nova and Corsa, just know there is one.

Cheers

Neil

Mark Beeson
25-01-07, 07:33 PM
Mark,

Anychance of getting one made up which is longer to fit into a Corsa B? Not sure on the length difference on shafts between Nova and Corsa, just know there is one.

Cheers

Neil

Yes I could get one made up at the same time. Although unless you told me what length you needed I couldn't. Ive only got a Nova to work off. It certainly could be done on a corsa too though. Providing there was no clearance issues. Fits direct to a nova.

krobinson
25-01-07, 09:32 PM
Mark,

Cheers

Neil

Ask elgan on migweb, he fitted a standard setup on his corsa turbo and because of the the play in the cv's it all slotted in with no problem. Think they only need shortened for a nova.

Keith

NovaNeil
26-01-07, 08:56 AM
Cheers Keith, I'll ask him and if no joy i'll let you know asap Mark and i'll get one from you.

Neil

Scooby2
26-01-07, 09:23 AM
The equal length setup straight off a cav/cally will fit the corsa without no mods bar running the larger outer hubs. mates running the setup on his turbo corsa at the moment

letvalva
26-01-07, 07:06 PM

thing with doing that to take it down to allow the nova outer cy on its gonna have to be tapperd down like the mann shafts, i was running them on mine and snapped both sides both in same place (where the curclip sits) so it must make them piss weak, i have equal length shafts on mine now