PDA

View Full Version : more wireing t40gsi into sr

benthehash
22-01-07, 02:33 PM
:cry: i.ve just pulled/ unpluged a bit (loom e bit) of the sr wireing out from under the bonnet???

it's got the relay and fuse which sit ontop of the firewall battery side at one end.

The other end where i uncliped it from the car looks like a horn could be fitted but this (loom e bit) is attached to those clips. i think it's where a horn could attach because it's in the same kinda place and colours as my old 1.2. Down near gearbox sensor and fan input. The colours of the car harness are brown/white and black they plug into the removed (loom e bit) same colours.

coming out of the (loom e bit) are two taped sections both with a red/blue and brown wire with female connectors on the end.

up near the relay and fuse a red and a brown wire come out with ring connectors maybe forthe battery?

whats this for??
and if the relays for the fuel pump how does it connect to the pump?

ben:tard:

Adam
22-01-07, 02:45 PM
Are you fitting a 1.6 t40d engine in a SR?

I dont get why your removing bits of the loom.....

A blue/red wire takes 12v from the relay to the fuel pump.

burgo
22-01-07, 02:49 PM
can admin please delete this post

that'll teach me to play poker aswell as post :(

benthehash
22-01-07, 02:59 PM
yes, there was a standard gte engine in it before so don't know if it's sr or gte wireing. Theres a plug to plug the gte loom into which i cut of and use the wires coming out that for fuel pump coil etc. the blue/red ther goes to the back of the car for the pump all i need to do is connect ignition live to it plus fuse, switch and relay.

don't know where these other two blue/red wires could go to?

ben

benthehash
22-01-07, 03:11 PM
if you unplug the GTE loom in the engine bay and remove it from the engine you will be left with a few wires going 'out' to the car. Just chop the plug off and make your own wiring.

Red- Not required
Blue - Goes to the thermister for temp sender, just extend the wire and put on a shovel connector.
Red/Blue - Live to fuel pump, put on this the live you want to run the pump, ignition/switched/whatever but it needs to be fused
Black - Switched live, use this for the coil.

The rest of the wires needed should still be floating around the engine bay, starter, alternator etc

Chris

this is how i'm trying to wire stuff up

ben

Adam
22-01-07, 06:07 PM
The fuel pump relay also has a Permanent red live

benthehash
22-01-07, 07:43 PM
yeah your right but i don't know why it won't do when i re wire it!

from top post

coming out of the (loom e bit) are two taped sections both with a red/blue and brown wire with female connectors on the end. Any body know where they should have gone??

ben

Mike
22-01-07, 07:59 PM
dude, pics would be a great idea :thumb:

benthehash
22-01-07, 08:08 PM
how? i was looking to put some up yesterday theres a guide on here somewhere i think?
ben

Adam
23-01-07, 12:26 AM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showpost.php?p=459009&postcount=3