PDA

View Full Version : 3 cylinders

greg1.4
22-01-07, 01:57 PM
my 1.4 spi nova is not running sweet and has been running on 3 cylinders for a while. i have tried cleaning the ht leads and made sure that and the coil lead os on correctly. what else could be causing it? is started missfiring/running on 3 cylinders after my friend and i was making it backfire by holding the revs on and turning the ignition on and off. STUPID me!lol

burgo
22-01-07, 02:21 PM
probably blew a hole in a piston then lol, or ****ed then spark plugs. bung some new plugs on and check the compression and go from there

Adam
22-01-07, 02:30 PM
Ht lead or spark plug.
Can't be coil as the other cylinders wouldn't fire either.

Also check dizzy cap/rotor.

db_1.2
22-01-07, 03:07 PM
Check all connection points on rotor arm also:thumb:

greg1.4
22-01-07, 05:26 PM
hope its nothing major because i am autotesting in it next weekend and its the first round of the championship and i need to try and do my best from the word go!lol. will 1.2 or 1.3 sr spark plugs work in the 1.4? if i find out that its just plugs/leads/distributor i will go buy new items but i will fit my old ones to see if thats the problem. Any other suggestions?

Adam
22-01-07, 06:09 PM
Ye, all nova ohc engines will use the same plugs.

Chris
22-01-07, 07:02 PM
****ing bollocks!!!

You are all talking crap.

Making it backfire will do the headgasket quite easily or cock up the valve seats on the exhaust ones.

Get a compression test done and I think that will tell you what is wrong.

Chris

Adam
22-01-07, 07:12 PM
It was running on 3cylinders before he was making it back fire tho...

Altho it sounds like it got it worse after you were arsing with the ignition?

greg1.4
22-01-07, 07:12 PM
i only made it backfire twice then i drove it about for a few hours after i done that. I put it away in the garage that night and then 2 days later i went and drove it out my garage and then when i went to park it back in my garage it was running rubbish. Sometimes it will turn over but not firing and the battery goes flat. I then put jump leads onto it and it turns over but does not fire. It used to always go with a jump start.:confused:

Philsutton
22-01-07, 08:18 PM
lmfao, its probably bent a valve then. Like chris said do a compression test and i bet it will down on one cylinder. The amount of people that i have see bend valves or damaged them by doing " some sick back firing"

burgo
22-01-07, 08:45 PM
****ing bollocks!!!

You are all talking crap.

Making it backfire will do the headgasket quite easily or cock up the valve seats on the exhaust ones.

Get a compression test done and I think that will tell you what is wrong.

Chrischarming i beleave i told him to do a compression test

greg1.4
23-01-07, 06:29 PM
sorted! put a new set of plugs and leads on and coil and she is running as good as new.:thumb:

Riggy
23-01-07, 06:42 PM
" some sick back firing"

LMFBO classic phil :thumb: