PDA

View Full Version : Big Brother

Jack
22-01-07, 01:45 PM
Just curious as to people's take on the Big Brother furore at the moment. There's much talk in the media of C4 bosses pondering the future of the show, and apparently a Sky News poll showed the public wanted it off the air. Do you think it should be put to sleep or do you think secretly the C4 bosses are all loving the free publicity? And will Jade's "celebrity" career (in the loosest sense of the phrase) be over?

Just for the record I don't watch it and I think its absolutely rubbish, but its pretty hard to avoid it at the moment!

draper
22-01-07, 01:53 PM
its all complete b%llox !!! from bits ive heard and seen on the news its simply people playing the race card, again !! during a dairy room chat didnt shilpa say she didnt believe jade was being racist ??

Saloony
22-01-07, 01:55 PM
Its just a difference in classes at the end of the day. But even so Big Brother should die. Should of been killed off years ago, crap when it first hit the screens and its just got worse.

Ash
22-01-07, 02:08 PM
yea, it's all over hyped bolx.

As for the show, i agree, it should of been axed years ago. there obviously struggling for new ideas for the show, so they throw a load of freaks in on the normal one to fight and squabble and then throw in a load of washed up 'has beens' looking for a new start, and guess what, big brother seprates them and causes there to be an 'upper class' (?) and a lower class just to create tention and so they start fighting. light entertainment????

Ash

burgo
22-01-07, 02:10 PM
its aload of bollocks the whole point of big brother and the way it is set out is to cause tension and arguments as this makes good tv, yet when they do get an argument they blow it all out of proportion just because shes a different race. well its bollocks i say well done jade for sticking up for yaself and **** shilpa (sp) the stuck up cow, she needs to get real and live in the real world

wisewood
22-01-07, 02:22 PM
Not been watching it.

Can't be bothered with it... Bro in Law is auditioning for the next proper one though lol

The only reason C4 put Jade in there was to stir things up, because celeb big bro is always boring, and she is so dumb she was bound to say stupid stuff and spice it up. It worked. Job done. Shilpa (whatever)... everyone in India loves her, and of course as such she's a diva, has an army of people with her everywhere she goes providing protection etc. F*cking hell jade wasn't being racist, she's just a stupid cow and couldnt think of Shilpas surname, so said the first indian word that came into her thick head - Popadom... she could have said Tandoori or Korma... makes no difference its still not racist.

It's a simple fact that people say things like this when having conversations behind closed doors, she is thick and just forgot she was being watched 24/7.

burgo
22-01-07, 02:25 PM
i almost wet myself that was so funny. whats her name...i dunno shilpa popadom or something lmfao

Matt2107
22-01-07, 02:30 PM
Agreed... definately not a Racist.

Last night the legend that is Dirk aka Face from the A-Team was on the receiving end of some harsh ribbing... did he claim it was because he's American??? NO he sulked for a bit and smoked a few more cigars.

Shilpa is a stuck up Indian "princess" who can dish it out but not take it. BB producers obviously thought it'd be funny to push the racist angle to create the best ratings. Which they've succeeded in doing.

As for Jade she is her own worst enemy but don't believe she is as thick as she makes out.

They should drop the celebrity big brother as its dull.
Keep the normal BB though as its interesting when they get drunk and jump in the hot tub. ;)

Edit: I took me some Burgo though as I didn't like the other choices.

Jack
22-01-07, 02:50 PM
Mmm... was more of a class thing than a racism thing IMO. Granted, Jade plays up to her ditzy personality that the media created for her, but as Wisewood said it was just a case of opening mouth before engaging brain. And Endemol are just using it, and Jade, as an excuse to up the ratings.

I wouldn't say Shilpa is stuck up at all, nor is she not living in the real world. She just saw through Jade for what she is, and was able to rise above it.

Even Carphone Warehouse pulling their support has given them a publicity boost bigger than continued support would have. Be interesting to see if their sponsorship quietly makes a reappearance after a while.

I did see a bit of the show when Jade came out for her interview though, she'd blatantly been given a talking to beforehand and told what to say lol

Its a shame really, as I think BB has the potential to be an interesting show. The problem is its fatally flawed in that once people have seen it, they know how it works so purposefully play up to the cameras. Remake it so people don't know they're being filmed - but then you'd lose the showmanship and fake personalities of the people in the house and with that most of its viewers!

craig green
22-01-07, 03:19 PM
Get the rubbish off air. I hate BB & all the shizzle that goes with it.

As far as I'm concerned, when its on esp in the summer, Channel 4 is a no go zone for me. All the flipping radio shows go on about it, just cant escape the mindless drivel that the show has brought about.

I really hope the show & all that goes with it (ie Russel Brand) die a horrible death & maybe our society might return to something resembling normality rather than looking up to these attention grabbing freaks!

rant over!

Matt2107
22-01-07, 03:55 PM
I'd apply for the next one but I've very particular about where i take a ****.

draper
22-01-07, 03:58 PM
id apply but if anyone sold any of the stories about my past id get in alot of trouble with the law/immigration/fathers of innocent girls/market traders/town and planning officials/landlords/landladys/airport security/etc etc

Matt2107
22-01-07, 04:03 PM
lots of trouble then lol

craig green
22-01-07, 04:05 PM
I do a good enough job of humiliating myself anyway, without doing it on telly.

Most people that go into the house now, just play up for the cameras anyway & act like total retards.

draper
22-01-07, 04:05 PM
your never in trouble unless your caught ;) :thumb:

General Baxter
22-01-07, 04:36 PM
'just **** off back home'

woo jade for PM lol

wisewood
22-01-07, 05:35 PM
I'd apply for the next one but I've very particular about where i take a ****.

Yeah same here lol No way i could go when i know people can 1. see me or 2. walk in on me.

I'd be one of those who have to have special arrangements (laxatives) from big brother. I always fancied auditioning for it back in the first few series, but couldnt do it now ... even queueing up with the freaks for a few hours would drive me mad.

Lucky Luke!
22-01-07, 07:45 PM
I dont think shes being racist at all, thick, but not racist.

I'm auditioning for the next one as well. If someone gets in called luke from lowestoft then its me. Unless another luke from lowestoft gets in then it wont be me.

Mike
22-01-07, 07:56 PM
Get the rubbish off air. I hate BB & all the shizzle that goes with it.

As far as I'm concerned, when its on esp in the summer, Channel 4 is a no go zone for me. All the flipping radio shows go on about it, just cant escape the mindless drivel that the show has brought about.

I really hope the show & all that goes with it (ie Russel Brand) die a horrible death & maybe our society might return to something resembling normality rather than looking up to these attention grabbing freaks!

rant over!

Mr CG speakes the truth i see! BB is a complete waste of time and effort, and would not change my life at all should they take it off air for ever :D

Philsutton
22-01-07, 07:58 PM
The show was **** when it first started its even worse now, if i wanted to see low IQ creatures try an communicate i would go to the zoo and watch the monkeys throw their own **** at the walls.

Pretty much gives a reason why stupid people should be sterilised and removed from the gene pool. They should put big red buttoms on the wall with "do not press" which explode on being pressed, i think natural selection would take its place then.

draper
22-01-07, 08:00 PM
i would go to the zoo and watch the monkeys throw their own **** at the walls.

them monkeys are more enteirtaning (sp) than BB lol

Philsutton
22-01-07, 08:04 PM
yep an plus they are allowed to be massively stupid

Lynsey
22-01-07, 08:04 PM
Oh my god, It has even infected NL. I hate, i mean really HATE the s**t show I do not understand why anyone would waste their time watching it. Come spend a day locked in my house it will be more entertaining...

Oh, and i chose Burgo... so you would have to put up with him too ;)

draper
22-01-07, 08:06 PM
Come spend a day locked in my house it will be more entertaining...

hello matron ;)

Big_Chap
22-01-07, 08:07 PM
girlfirend watches it so i see bits here and there, certainly wouldn't say jade treated her anywhere as bad as michael barrymore bully'd jodie marsh last year and there was hardly a thing mentioned. she should be famous anyway! daft women buying daft magazines about daft women wanting to be famous!

Philsutton
22-01-07, 08:11 PM
if i had a girlfriend an she watched bb she wouldnt be my girlfriend any more lol

Lynsey
22-01-07, 08:13 PM
i beg my girlfriend to watch it so i see bits of that scouse birds boobs here and there

Oh really? :roll:

hello matron ;)

edited... so unless you're up for a bit of Burgo... ;)

if i had a girlfriend an she watched bb she wouldnt be my girlfriend any more lol

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

lee coley
22-01-07, 08:15 PM
id apply but if anyone sold any of the stories about my past id get in alot of trouble with the law/immigration/fathers of innocent girls/market traders/town and planning officials/landlords/landladys/airport security/etc etc

1 reason why i wouldnt go in! Id be in papers every day id be the biggest ******* on planet earth.

Donova
22-01-07, 08:56 PM
I'm more of a celebrity than the morons in there, what a load of crap.:wtf:

burgo
22-01-07, 09:04 PM
so whos gonna own up to wanting abit of big burgo lol

Big_Chap
22-01-07, 11:28 PM
i beg my girlfriend to watch it so i see bits of that scouse birds boobs here and there

Oh really? :roll:

witty!

Lynsey
22-01-07, 11:50 PM
witty! ;)

so whos gonna own up to wanting abit of big burgo lol
Come on, everyone wants a bit of burgo! :roll:

BigStan
23-01-07, 08:41 AM
The world is going racist mad its pissing me right off !

Matt2107
23-01-07, 10:24 AM
I chose a bit of burgo!