PDA

View Full Version : installing sr dials

ive_had_a_novadose
22-01-07, 12:00 AM
i have a 1.2 mk1 nova (carb) and want to change the silly dash that comes with it i have no problem with fitting the dash but i want the 6 dial clocks installed the new clocks have a rev counter and my original clocks do not have a rev counter would i have to get a sr ignition coil?? maybe?? and wire up the rev counter to that? what would the experts do:D

Jamie

Adam
22-01-07, 12:25 AM
The wire should already be in the loom plug behind the dash.
Your coil will be fine.

ive_had_a_novadose
22-01-07, 05:44 PM
thanks i was a bit confused because the mk1 has not got a rev counter so i thought there would be no wire at all how come it has got a wire there but nowhere to plug it into surely they just wouldnt make a wire in the first place lol

Asa-James
22-01-07, 09:26 PM
i had to run a new wire for the rev counter, and you have to change your oil pressure switch. wire should come from bottom right of the coil plug (green if its already in the loom i think...?)

ive_had_a_novadose
22-01-07, 10:04 PM
cheers, how would i go about changing the oil pressure switch, like where it is?

also i know it aint related to this thread but sometimes my steering goes really light round easy bends it is fine when i am going round a hard bend it happens only when the steering wheel turns just less than 90 degree and recently i have fitted a new lower panel any help on this would b great thanks.

Asa-James
22-01-07, 10:08 PM
with regards to your steering, i'm gonna guess your trackings out, get it checked at a tyre centre for not much money

the oil pressure switch is located at the back of the engine, just above the sump on the right hand side from underneath (drivers side) you will need a two pin switch and possibly extra wiring put in. i havent even looked at changing mine yet, it just reads top oil pressure all the time. hope this helps

ive_had_a_novadose
22-01-07, 10:13 PM
cheers mate i am doing mechanics at college anyway so ill get the tracking done for free and also check other bits im not that fused about the oil pressure for the time bieng just want the sr clocks in and the rev counter working it's a ba***ard sometimes when you dont know exactly what revs your putting on lol