PDA

View Full Version : Single Or Twin Choke?

Anonymous
17-07-01, 03:02 PM
right i know this is gonan sound stupid but i got an 'E' reg 1.3 SR Nova and was wondering dos this have single or twin choke? as im going to get a K&N bolt on end of themonth if i cant get this 2.0 carb so need to know which K&N i need to buy

Anonymous
18-07-01, 09:33 AM
Twin choke mate, I have a E plate 1.3sr and its definately twin choke!

Anonymous
18-07-01, 11:18 AM
cheers m8, how do i check...ust in case :-/

Anonymous
18-07-01, 11:31 AM
itll say 1b1 or 2e3 on the top of the carb when u take filter off.

1b1 single choke 2e3 twin choke

think thats rite neway :D

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

send nova and mk3 astra gsi pics my way for my attempt at web design.

Anonymous
18-07-01, 11:45 AM
I have a 1.4 SR and since purchasing have heard a nasty rattle from the standrard airfilter, where it meets the exhaust outlet. this has only occured since i took off the airfilter, and i cant seem to fix it. the pipe leading into the airfilter is of a large diameter and is like corrigated metal. how can i fix this? or should i just upgrade the airfilter? and if i upgrade the filter, what do i do with the big hole left?

Anonymous
18-07-01, 11:47 AM
sorry, posted in the wrong place!

Anonymous
18-07-01, 01:43 PM
quality cheers fella ill check it out in tweeks's car park before i buy the wrong one, is it really needed for a bigger jet like kevs said in the articles or will it be okay to run without for now?

Plus where do i get a bigger jet from? do i get one from a scrap yard if so what engine? or is it cheap enough to get froma a vaxuhall dealership? or has anyone got some bigger jets handy?

Anonymous
18-07-01, 02:04 PM
Muhaha, i have a rather large second choke in my weber 32/34, 1st choke is 165, 2nd shud b round the same, but i have 210 second choke, oopsie, how did that get in there?

lmao.

Bigger jets kick arse!

-------------------------
testies, testies one, two, three...

three???

wotttt the foooook?

:-/

Anonymous
18-07-01, 02:41 PM
what did u get those out of mark? im a newbie to this so treat me like a kid or blonde if u want lol

Anonymous
18-07-01, 03:02 PM
lol, soz mate, they were in the carb when i got it.

U need to know what size u got now, and what size u want after, then fone demon tweeks, they can order them in for your carb.

sorted, give em a ring, they will advise u to what u need.

testies, testies one, two, three...

three???

wotttt the foooook?

:-/