PDA

View Full Version : Its finally working!!

Dar
20-01-07, 09:10 PM
I don't know if anyone remembers, but in the summer I bought a single phase two poster ramp for my garage......and i've finally got my finger out and got it working.

I had no use for it when the car was running but now I am doing its winter modifications and the engine does need to come out. So pulled my finger out....finally.

Piccys :thumb:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/DSC06304_800x600.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/DSC06305_800x600.jpg
Its going to make the after meeting spanner checks and wheel changes sooooo much easier. Im off out there now to carry on.

Also the bits and bobs above it could come out at a later date so that the car can go another 2ft or so higher, but to be honest its high enough at the mo. With another 2ft the wheels will be level with my head.

Ste L
20-01-07, 09:16 PM
i want one lol, bet it makes life sooo much easier having that

how much did it cost when you bought it?

Dar
20-01-07, 09:30 PM
It should make things alot easier. Can't wait to get stuck in now. Just took all the wheels off and then noticed the time, so shut it up for the night. I got to be up early in the morning.

I bought it off of a mate who got it off of eBay. I payed under a grand for it.

Mike
20-01-07, 09:59 PM
rah thats mint! i want one

BigStan
20-01-07, 10:11 PM
That is well cool !

michelinman
20-01-07, 10:14 PM
Thats well cool lad! But it has to be said, why are you working on it at this time on a sat night?!?! I thought I was obsessive! Good on ye!!

c'2.0lrt
20-01-07, 10:18 PM
best thing i ever used so handy,use my in'laws at his work shop he's got a 4 poster and a 2 poster,what ever you wanna do its always easier at waist or head hight,very nice mate want one when i build my new garage at home.

Lee
20-01-07, 10:25 PM
With another 2cm the wheels will be level with my head.

Looks good lover, bout time too. Ill have to pop over next week and see if i can get your car to poke out the roof tiles lol

L14MNP
21-01-07, 01:19 AM
Lookin good mate - I want one! Haven't the headroom :( Shame, as I can get a 4 poster for ?3/400

Oh well :thumb:

Martin
21-01-07, 10:19 AM
Some People have to much money lol

Looks good mate, wil make life easier for you

Novadex
21-01-07, 06:24 PM
id be giving my self problems, pureley so i can fix them if i had a ramp like that lol spot on!

Dar
21-01-07, 06:49 PM
Can't wait to get started on the car now. Although im starting to get requests for cars to go on. The first being my mates RWD Fiesta. Took it to Santapod today and something isn't right with the rear of it. Although the trip home was the Funniest trip i've had in a car for a long while.

Some People have to much money lol

If only!! lol

chris gsi
21-01-07, 07:25 PM
about time you plumbed it in mate lol should make things easier just wish i could bring mine home from work at weekends

Dar
21-01-07, 07:28 PM
Its going to make servicing that GTI-6 easier:D

rc
21-01-07, 07:43 PM
lucky b*stard! i'd do anything to have a 2poster at me house! ive had too many weekends scrabbing around on my back under axle stands lol

draper
21-01-07, 07:47 PM
finally, id of been putting a plug on it the day i got it lol

Dar
21-01-07, 07:49 PM
lucky b*stard! i'd do anything to have a 2poster at me house! ive had too many weekends scrabbing around on my back under axle stands lol

Its been a long time coming (im an old man). To be honest I didn't think that I would end up with one at home.

dhdev (Oli)
21-01-07, 08:35 PM
The ramp looks uber cool :cool:

Can't wait to get started on the car now. Although im starting to get requests for cars to go on. The first being my mates RWD Fiesta. Took it to Santapod today and something isn't right with the rear of it. Although the trip home was the Funniest trip i've had in a car for a long while.

This fiesta?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/novaneil/CorsaSport474.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/novaneil/CorsaSport475.jpg

rc
21-01-07, 08:39 PM
/\ /\ :eek: /\ /\

Lee
21-01-07, 09:53 PM
Thats the badger

Dar
22-01-07, 09:39 AM
Yup thats the one. Glad you didn't take any piccys of my repair on the front end. Had to some emergency surgery the night before :roll:

For some reason we seem to always be sorting out his cars just before an event. Thought it would be different with this one, but no he manages to break it the day before. Great little car though.