PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pump

Anonymous
16-07-01, 04:30 PM
I think my oil pump needs replacing, cos at high revs the oil dont flow to the top end.

What is involved with changing one & how much are they?

I understand they are in the engine, but what has to come out to change it?

Cheers.

-------------------------
testies, testies one, two, three...

three???

wotttt the foooook?

:-/

Anonymous
16-07-01, 10:19 PM
Check the oil pickup filter in the sump first - they can get badly clogged. Also check the pressure if poss. Maybe try an engine cleaner product to add to the oil.

To remove you've got to take the alternator belt& cam belt off plus both cogs, the woodruff key and plastic cam cover back plate. The sump and pickup pipe need removing and then the pump can be un bolted from that end of the engine. They can be overhauled but I aint never done one. It maybe easier and cheaper to get a 2nd hand one or try to see if they can be got on service exchange??

Anonymous
16-07-01, 11:18 PM
In terms of cost I think for a later spec E16SE engine you are looking at around the ?100 mark and for an earlier spec GTE engine nearly double that - of course these are Vauxhall prices.

Ben.

Anonymous
17-07-01, 12:14 AM
bloomin eck!

Jus done the sump gasket & cleaned out sump & nowt in the pick up pipe, checked it.

I aint got a 1600, so i aint got a oil pressure gauge, so anyway i can test it?

Takin it apart seems loads of hassle, more than i can be arsed with, so any other suggestions?

cheers.

three???

wotttt the foooook?

Anonymous
17-07-01, 11:38 AM
Does anyone know if the early 1400 oil pumps are the same as the GTE ones. I have an oil pump that is shit hot on my old 1400 (pre tensioner) and want to know if it will go on my 1600 GTE lump?

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)]

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
17-07-01, 11:56 AM
my 1.4 pump was ?120 (trade club) from vaux and it was much better pressure than the old one

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
17-07-01, 11:58 AM
And if it dont MC, i think i know someone who will prob buy it off you...

three???

wotttt the foooook?