PDA

View Full Version : cavalier sri seats into a nova

Dave.
19-01-07, 06:43 PM
hi not sure what section this comes under, so i thought id plonk it here

i might be getting a set of cavalier front and rear setas for ?10. how would i fit them, subframes welding nova subs on or can i just swap the rails over? or can i just swap them over?

also how much can alloy wheels be fixed, as i might be getting a set of 4 cesaros for my astra 1s but 1 has a huge chung of alloy missing from the side wall. any ideas?

cheers for all help
dave

staggy_gsi
19-01-07, 06:51 PM
you cant fix an alloy with a big chunk missing mate, hold onto your astra ones.

as for the seats, im pretty sure that nova subframes will bolt straight onto where the cav ones go

Dave.
19-01-07, 06:54 PM
you meen i dont have to swap the frames over? or can i just take them out of the cav and put them into a nova?

novawez
19-01-07, 06:57 PM
my first nova i put rover tomcat half leathers in front and rears fronts fit perfect rears needed sides trimming

Dave.
19-01-07, 08:06 PM
im not on about a rover, just cav for now, they came up cheap so i might get them

only reason im getting them is for my nova, there like nova sri seats but black, o and also because ill sell them for more that ?10

Christ
19-01-07, 08:13 PM
cavalier seats wont fold down so you wont be able to get into the back or do you mean cally? I have seen An alloy wheel that was welded where a chunk came off but i dont know how safe it would be.

Dave.
19-01-07, 08:35 PM
no defo cav, im not bothered if they dont fold down ad ill just roll them all the way formard

all im asing is how do i go about putting cav seats in my nova

the chunk is about 3 inches long and 1 inch high

welsh_roadrally
19-01-07, 09:35 PM
It wouldn't pass an m.o.t with non tilting seats unless you removed the rear seats and belts so the car was tested as a two seater,if rear seats+belts are in place the front seats must both tilt to satisfy the m.o.t requirements.
Have a look for some MK3 Astra Sport 3dr seats they're mostly black

Dave.
19-01-07, 11:02 PM
Doesnt Need Mot For Another 5 Yesars Yet So Not Fussed
All Im After Is Will They Fit, None Of This Mullarky Abiut Mot And This Is Better, Will They Fit

Stuart
20-01-07, 08:04 AM
its a styling thread.....

Jack
20-01-07, 09:46 AM
Cav seats will probably need almalgamating (there's a fun word lol) to the nova subframes, I can't see them being a direct fit - astra ones aren't, so i would assume cav ones aren't either.

As for the alloys, a 3x1" chunk is too big to repair really. If its missing that much it will probably be buckled as well. Best to avoid those, or if the other three are fine then take those and look for a spare one (no you're not having my fifth wheel lol)