PDA

View Full Version : Lectric Window & Tubing

Anonymous
09-07-01, 12:19 PM
Hi guys, im just fitted central locking and leccy windows, any of you know where I can get the rubber tubing installed between door and door post?? Also, when I had manual windows, the drivers door one seemed stiff bout half way down, with the new leccy motors, it goes down very slow and then stops half way where it gets jammed, its cos it pulls the front of the window down and not the back, is this the runners not aligned properley??? the window is sloppy in the door and if you push the back down as the window is going down it moves freeley. cheers

Anonymous
09-07-01, 01:43 PM
your problem is with the runners i think as mine does this too, as for the tubung i suppose you coulg get it from any car from the scrappy.

Anonymous
09-07-01, 05:32 PM
so how will u rectifiy it? realign or bend the runners?

cheers

Anonymous
09-07-01, 06:19 PM
sounds like the window guides need lubricating use a touch of baby oil mine did the same thing an it cured that ;)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 08:52 PM
Yep lube it up. Mine had got so stiff when the previous guy had it that the main lift arm thingey had been bent:O

Anonymous
09-07-01, 10:53 PM
Give the runners a good clean out...get a screw driver down 'em, as it's amazing what crap builds up in there!

Also, check the rubber along the bottom edge of the window, especially if you have the extra surround trim, like on the SR/GTE/GSi etc.
This rubs on the glass as it winds down, and can cause it to stop completely, even with the runners perfectly clean! My passenger door window was running really slow the other day, then I cleaned that rubber, and it's now fine....the runners where NOT the problem in that case.

You could try bending the rubber away from the glass a little too, so it doesn't apply as much pressure to the glass, though not too much, or it will let more water into the door!

Anonymous
10-07-01, 08:53 AM
halfords vinal and rubber lube on the runners works a treat

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
10-07-01, 09:06 AM
well i wouldnt say it applies to much pressure on the glass because it pulls the front of the window down more than the back???? so the window ends up almost diagonal in the door! well this is a bit of exageration but u no what i mean, ill try cleaning the runners and the bottom rubber then first

cheers, no anything about the tubing between the doors guys?? i tried 2 auto electrical places and they both said its not an electrical job so they wouldnt do it, im thinking bout drilling a 2cm hole in door and door post, and then using gromits.

Anonymous
14-07-01, 11:53 AM
www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/ They should do something for ya.

Anonymous
14-07-01, 11:04 PM
:D cheers m8y