PDA

View Full Version : won't idle properly

macc nova
18-01-07, 11:53 PM
Right ive had a little read through the forum and had a little help but not found my answer.
As you may know i have a 1.2nv engine with a 1.4 inlet and weber 32/34 carb (which was running really ruff).
So today i changed the inlet to a 1.3 and put everything back on the way it was with gasket sealant aswell. But know when the engine is cold it wont idle, it just starts up then die's, (it does this no matter how far i pull out the choke). But when the engine is warm its idles fine.
When i had the 1400 inlet on i had the weber set up at mikeanics and it is also jetted for a 1400nv engine.

Now its got the 1300 inlet would this have lowered the idle mixture due to bigger bores? Also would i have to get it jetted for a 1.2?

macc nova
19-01-07, 12:08 AM
also im pretty sure that there are no air leaks so i dont know what it could be! what do you guys think?

Adam
19-01-07, 12:44 AM
If Mike got it running fine before then the jetting should be ok.
Does it try to idle(but low) or just cut straight out.

An air leak would cause the idle to be higher, unless the leak was bad enough to cause the fuel/air mix to be mega lean.

Can't you just turn the idle up?

Does it run fine if you hold the revs with the throttle open slightly?

dannyb
19-01-07, 01:44 AM
How clean is the carb and how long ago was it last re built? I went through this with my 1.2, changing the coil, leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm and plugs, it only needed the carb cleaning up and setting up on a exhaust gas analyser machine.

macc nova
19-01-07, 08:13 AM
mike said that realy it could do with smaller jets but didnt change any! it trys to idle then dies i have to rev it then drive off and the next time i stop it seems to be fine

macc nova
19-01-07, 11:31 AM
right its just failed tis mot, i need to turn down the mixture from 5.28 to 3.50!
where about s on the carb is the mixture screw?