PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

greg1.4
18-01-07, 08:20 PM
i am really confused! I am in the middle of converting my 1200 carb to a 1300 sr engine.Please help me!

I have been looking at the difference between the 1.3 sr wires and the 1.2 wires. I have noticed alot of plugs are different. Do i use the 1200 loom for the starter and alternator on the 1300 engine?
What is the plug down the back of the engine near the bottom pulley. On my 1.2 there is only 1 wire goes to that but on the sr 2 wires go down to it. I am not sure what it is either??
What do i do?
Also on the 1300 carb there is a wire that comes out of the loom and goes to the carb. I dont have this on the 1200 loom so what do i do?
Should i use the 1200 starter motor and alternator with the original loom but on the 1300 engine? Would this make it easier?
Anthing you can do to help me it will be much appreciated. Thanks

Greg

Saloony
18-01-07, 08:43 PM
There probably aint no difference between the starters and alternators of either engines. Personally stick to the 1.3 stuff. If the loom is handy for the 1.3, use it. Simply because that extra wire down by the pulley will be for the oil pressure guage of the 1.3 instrument cluster (speedo). Like i say personally id stick the 1.3 kit in.. but others will know ways round all this.

greg1.4
18-01-07, 09:01 PM
i would like to use the 1.2 loom to avoid taking dash and taking the loom all out. All i want is to put the 1300sr engine in and have everything working and all lights/gauges working on the sr 6 dial gauges/digi dash. Can someone please help me??

greg1.4
18-01-07, 09:03 PM
surely someone will have done it before and will be able to tell me!lol

Saloony
18-01-07, 09:06 PM
It aint that hard to remove the dash. But thats me.

greg1.4
18-01-07, 09:16 PM
i know but its all the wiring behind the dash i dont want to take out. If i did that and put the 1300 loom in would i need to change all the wires for the rear lights ect?? Surely it can be done easily without changing looms. I will be able to wire the starter, alternator, coil and the other wee plugs ect but the onyl things i am stuck on is the oil pressure and the auto choke wires? how do i get them to work on the 1200 loom with the 1300 engine in? I will be putting a digi dash/mk2 gsi clocks in if this helps.

benthehash
18-01-07, 09:24 PM
are you talking clocks or dash?

why take the hole dash out?
clocks take 5 minutes top's to remove!
you fitting sr clocks or a digi dash?
is the wire to the 1300 black/yellow? think it's auto choke
You should have a blue/green wire which should plug into oil pressure sensor
try running a wire from the screw on the back of the oil sensor to the pressure guage in the cloks this might work???

greg1.4
18-01-07, 10:09 PM
i want a digi dash in and all the lights working ect, with the 1200 loom and the 1300sr engine in. what wires do i need to make/join to make everything work?? i am not sure what to do with the oil pressure wires or the rev counter? what do i do with the auto choke wire that is on the 1300 loom but not on the 1200? how do i get it to work without changing looms??

Adam
19-01-07, 12:58 AM
There is no loom, theres just a few wires.

Taped by the starter motor there should be a yellow/black wire, thats the connector for the 1.3s auto choke on the carb.

The 2nd wire to by the bottom pulley is for the oil pressure sender.

Use the 1200 starter and alternator loom.

All's you need to wire is the 1.3's ignition coil/module.

And you'll need a coolant pipe and t-piece to connect to the 1.3s carb.

greg1.4
19-01-07, 05:31 PM
can i not just put the 1300 coil on and connect the wires up?

i am taking the engine out of an sr and have all the coolent pipes that go into the back of the carb aswell so can i not also just use the standard pipes that came off the sr and put them onto the 1200 shell?