PDA

View Full Version : wiring up a 1.6 16v

srs1
18-01-07, 11:09 AM
anybody got any ideas on what wires in need to wire up to get a baby xe running in a 1.2 spi nova.

yes i have all the bits for it, i am rubbish at wiring for a start. so any advice is gratefully recieved.
i have the key phob and sender for the immob side of the engine, so its a x16xe engine.
also have a mpi fuel pump to go into the tank too.

cheers

Stuart
18-01-07, 11:55 AM
black wires = switched live
Red = Permy live
Brown = earth
light blue tends to be temp sensor
green tends to be tacho

iirc red and blue wires are fuel pump/relay...

other than that i have no idea lmao

Adam
18-01-07, 12:18 PM
As above.

Red/Blue goes from the Fuel pump relay to the fuel pump.

Have you stripped out the spi engine loom or are you just leaving it in, unplugged.

The transponder system has about 4/5 wires. Something along the lines of Live,Earth, and a few blue/reds which go to and from the ecu(thats the signal it uses to switch the immobiliser off)

srs1
18-01-07, 06:11 PM
riggy is going to be electrician for this, as i am bad. but want as much pre help so i can pretend i know what i'm doing.

Adam
18-01-07, 06:18 PM
Might be better finding a GTE/Early Gsi car loom and wiring the 16xe to that.

As removing the SPi engine loom is a t**t of a job.
You have to strip the dash out, strip all the wiring tape off, cut the engine loom wires, pull them through the bulkhead.

Wire in the new engine loom using the wires that fed to the spi ecu(12v live etc) and re-wrap it all.

Or take the loom through behind the battery and have the 16v ecu on the drivers foot shelf and connect the wires up behind the dash.

Wiring wise, its identical to a 20xe, apart from adding the few extra wires for the immobiliser.

srs1
19-01-07, 11:21 AM
thats cool. i have been reply to some posts in the forsale section (flashbang) as he has everything for a nova for sale.

but with no joy.
it looks like i will hunt this out then, plus makes it easier for me to wire all my other gadgets up at same time.

Adam
19-01-07, 11:25 AM
You should end up with just the spi ecu feed wires left by the glovebox.
Like this:-
http://img104.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leftwiresvx2.jpg

Riggy
19-01-07, 02:14 PM
lol yeah i think we should find a gsi loom mate , or let have a butchers at the corsa one next time i see you and see if we can make sense lol

srs1
27-01-07, 07:47 PM
got a 1.2 carb'd mk2 nova loom now.

me and riggy were rolling around a semi submerged car in a scrappers for it on friday.

Adam
27-01-07, 07:49 PM
Good stuff.
Should be a bit easier get the 16xe wired in now.

srs1
27-01-07, 08:06 PM
only going to run the standard engine for now including the excessive restricted air intake
just to see if any issues arise in the next week or so.

fitting all my other toys prob in a few months.

Adam
27-01-07, 08:38 PM
Toys....

Tb's?

Riggy
27-01-07, 08:39 PM
nah no tb's but there still very nice toys ,

Adam
27-01-07, 08:42 PM
Power box thingy majjigeroo

Riggy
27-01-07, 09:14 PM