PDA

View Full Version : 40's hold back bhp

Anonymous
17-06-01, 10:15 PM
as some of u might know i got 40's on my sr,wiv blydenstien b+head,shrick cam,4branch etc ive bin told to expect around 127bhp at the flywheel is this bout right cause when i went for a rollin rd last he reckoned that it was 87bhp at the flywheel this as surly gotta b wrong + that was him guessin cause the dyno reader was broken typical mc if u read this i heard u got bout the same spec as me wats ur bhp. Ive bin speakin to a rally bloke and i showed him my car and he said the carbs were all to shit and he reckons this could hold back around a good 20bhp as they are would u lot reckon that 40's all to shit would do this its go 32mm venturis he said for a start these are far to big wat do u lot reckon cheers

Anonymous
17-06-01, 10:53 PM
130bhp i think he got with his 1.4, but now, well...

Anonymous
17-06-01, 11:10 PM
I`ve said in a ppost b4, that 32mm is far far too big for a 1.4. I was running 30mm which is also on the big side, but with the mods that both of us have it should be about right. I was running a large 130 main, a 185 air. These jets are very large for a 1.4, but I didnt run any filters. As breeny said, I was running just about 130bhp. My new creation feels much quicker, but I haven`t had it on a rr yet. I`m still using 30mm chokes which are fine for a 1600.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
19-06-01, 04:27 PM
so would u reckon i would defenatly feel the diff when they are set up properly

Anonymous
19-06-01, 04:37 PM
Yes, When I destroyed my 1.4 I was winning a battle against a 2.0 16v Astra GTE, so that should put the performance potential into context.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
19-06-01, 06:17 PM
wat happened to ur engine then

Anonymous
19-06-01, 06:28 PM
Well, I was pulling away from him in each gear, taking it to 7,000rpm like normal, then went to go into 5th, and hit 3rd, oops, bang rattle etc, snapped valve, hole in piston, fucked head etc etc.

Every cloud has a silver lining though, coz I`ve now got a 1600, with all the same stuff except a B+ head this time.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
13-07-01, 11:20 PM
just get the reflowed and rejetted to the right mm and they will make u shit u self, trust a had a pair on a 1.3SR had wank BHP till did this by a motor sport company (Courtney)
now got em done again for a mates GSI got rid of injection rail:O

Anonymous
13-07-01, 11:21 PM
just get the reflowed and rejetted to the right mm and they will make u shit u self, trust a had a pair on a 1.3SR had wank BHP till did this by a motor sport company (Courtney)tissssh tissssh Turbo huuuuuh
now got em done again for a mates GSI got rid of injection rail:O