PDA

View Full Version : Any point in facet fuel pump

tom_beverley
17-01-07, 08:41 PM
I'm currently rebuilding my engine and wondered if there is any benefit to using a facet fuel pump over the original and how I would go about fitting it!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Tom

rednova
17-01-07, 10:07 PM
depends what spec your building it to really - the more power etc you need more fuel = better pump, i fitted one to my 1600t40 engine as i had a carb car so no mechanical pump on gsi block, easy enough to fit - earth and ingnition live/on off switch ive got mine mounted in the engine bay ive seen a few like this but have been told the closer the tank the better, works good enough for my use tho so im just leaving it for now

hth
Phil

Stuart
17-01-07, 10:14 PM
jim runs the std mechanical pump on his 1600 that is uber good..... Its your call really....

fitting, you mount it in the spare wheel well, or on the verticle pannel near the tank, then run fuel lines as per normal. and ofcourse a pressure regulator (you need that if you run the std mechanical pump too)

tom_beverley
17-01-07, 10:27 PM
Hmmmmm...

Well it won't be a huge spec but I quite like the look of them in the spare wheel well and internal fuel lines...

Thanks for the info will have a think about this one!

Cheers

Tom

tom_beverley
17-01-07, 10:30 PM
Oh yea, forgot to mention,

what goes on with the standard pump if I fit a facet one? I mean what do I do in terms of blanking it off?

Stuart
17-01-07, 10:31 PM
just blank off the old pump hole with a piece of ally and the gasket + sillycone