PDA

View Full Version : Battire relocaton?

Timmy
17-01-07, 07:34 PM
ok planning to have a corse brake servo convershion on my new car when find one , battire needs to move ? i know people put it in the boot but that will be in the way for bike and subs and so on will some cutting would it fit the other side of the fire wall?

Chris
17-01-07, 07:47 PM
firstly, Battire = Battery and convershion = conversion.

I dont really understand what you have asked? You need to move the battery due to carrying out the corsa servo/ mc conversion. And you want to know where you can put your battery now, if the boot isnt practical how about the rear passenger footwell? There isnt much room on the other side of the firewall due to the wiper linkage, however changing to a Citroen style of assembly would free up the room.

Is it really worth the hastle though? If you want your brakes to improve that much why not install a pedal box, more ???'s but much easier and bigger gains imo

Chris

Sirnixalot
17-01-07, 07:53 PM
considering the corsa battery is where the nova master cylinder is you could fab up a mount for it there?

Chris
17-01-07, 07:58 PM
that would make it arkward to work on teh gearbox from above though then. I thought the battery on a corsa was more towards the front though, like the astra's? cant remember off the top of my head

Chris

tom reid
17-01-07, 08:30 PM
Have thought about the Corsa conversion/convershun? before, had a thought about fabricating a panel to sit just above the gearbox, would have to be removable though.

Asa-James
17-01-07, 08:58 PM
alfas have a bolt on battery tray on the inner wing, saves loads of hassle when replacing clutches

Sirnixalot
17-01-07, 09:52 PM
if you arent running a big block really high compression motor and have a good alternator then you could run a bike battery under one of the seats. Get some industrial velcro and slap it on the side of the battery, stick it to the floor and away you go (make sure the battery is a SEALED type)

Westco 12V12B-4
Yusa YT12B-BS
Dimensions: 150mm x 69mm x 130mm
Power stats:10Ah, CCA 175A

Philsutton
17-01-07, 10:01 PM
the battery on the corsa is right wheer the brake servo is on the nova, an thus a **** when trying to work in the general area. Ive now moved mine into my spare wheel well. Apart from the boot think chris has said about the next best place.

R1CH
17-01-07, 11:25 PM
I stuck my batery behind the passenger side seat, made a battery tray for it then bolted it to the floor.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/ricmetcalf/Nova%20build%20pics/DSC00578.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/ricmetcalf/Nova%20build%20pics/DSC00576.jpg

Rich

Chris
18-01-07, 12:10 AM
top job :thumbs:

Adam
18-01-07, 12:45 AM
Do they not need to be in a battery box? Because of fumes?

Looks a very neat job there Rich.

Chris
18-01-07, 11:29 AM
the battery doesnt need to be in a box if it is a sealed type.

craig green
18-01-07, 04:15 PM
Tim.
Ive got the Corsa servo on mine. I'm having a Corsa style battery tray in a Corsa style location. I'm going to bolt it to the 4 lugs that will be on the Novas servo brkt & then weld a threded boss to the chassis leg/turret where the side of the battery tray will rest.

I'll keep you posted omn the progress & maybe make you a battery tray like m,ine for a small (moderately large) fee.

The other option of improving the brakes is to find yourself a VERY early Astra GTE 16v m/c. These are a bit rare but have a 22mm bore & are the correct fitment for the Nova servo. Typical pre ABS m/c off the Astras are the wrong fitment. The mounting lugs are diagonal so if fitted the reservoir will be at 45 degrees.

Timmy
18-01-07, 11:09 PM
thanx people cleared that up for me . sorry for my spelling i am a dumbass.

Matt2107
19-01-07, 10:10 AM
thanx people cleared that up for me . sorry for my spelling i am a dumbass.

At least your honest! lol just kidding.