PDA

View Full Version : BRAKES!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
11-07-01, 11:09 PM
I have a 1.2 with possibily THE worst brakes of any car which i have driven, they are bloody awful! Every person i have spoke to says that they have rubbish brakes...

Is there a quick fix or do i need to do and rape a cavaliers braking system???

Anonymous
11-07-01, 11:14 PM
If there that bad maybe your brake servo has gone? best to get one from a GTE, you'll notice the difference ;)

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
12-07-01, 09:09 AM
If u r getting a GTE servo would it not make sense to up the brakes as well (16 valvers)

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
12-07-01, 10:43 AM
no point in putting a GTE servo on there with standard callipers and discs. Get a workshop manual, it explains how to check if the servo has gone. Get hold of soem 2.0l 16v discs and callipers off of any vauxhall. They will only go under bigger wheels though not 14's ! they will sort you out.

"Don't just look at it......................EAT IT!!!!!"

Anonymous
12-07-01, 10:55 PM
Its a feckin pain and no mistake but there's no way round avoiding doing similar to wot Damian has said..apart from driving everywhere really slowly!!!Lol.
Just so you know when you come to fit bigger wheels, even with the correct offset,they will probably foul the rear wheel arches - another "little problem" that you will discover Nova's have. Oh yes and in between all this I expect the Fuel gauge will inexplicably stop working whilst rust does its best to fuck the bodywork aound the front wings and the rear arches. I'm not starting to sound bitter and twisted am I??

Anonymous
12-07-01, 11:09 PM
Sounds like you have encountered the bastards called crap nova's once or twice before mate,

Thanks for eveyones help....

Anonymous
13-07-01, 11:03 PM
fuck me you lot hate novas don't you i have fitted 1.6GTE breaks, calipers and x-drilled disc's. no problems with 14"
2.0 16v Cav CDX ones are the nuts though,with 15" works bloody great from 80MPH to 0 not shaking but in feels like the back wants to overtake the rear by flipping you over (only if set up right X-drilled&groved disc's,EBC green stuff pads, dot 5 fluid)and then see wot i mean!!!:)