PDA

View Full Version : WHICH BRAKES!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
12-07-01, 01:16 PM
which brakes are the best to fit on my 1.3sr at the mo ive got ebc greenstuff pads and discs. But these cant handle the speed when i brake therefore i need to brake sooner and slows me down while racing. what do u recommend astra 16v gte/gsi or cav gsi mk3. Also i got the standard brake servo would it be ok if i left this on and if i did fit bigger brakes would i still feel the diff wiv this servo,if so i wont bother changin it. ive bin told to get the astra 16v gsi cals.discs,pads wat would u lot recommend and wats the newest reg car i can get um off so they will fit, or they all the same so best to get it off a newer car cheers

Anonymous
12-07-01, 03:34 PM
lol

Anonymous
12-07-01, 07:11 PM
what's funny??? :-/

Anonymous
12-07-01, 07:11 PM
was it somin i said

Anonymous
12-07-01, 07:56 PM
i bought tigra 16v discs and calipers as they have the sae disc as cav turbo.Just slightly diff pads.

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
12-07-01, 11:08 PM
I've got the std servo on my 1.4SR powering GTE calipers and large drilled discs on the front as well as rear calipers and drilled discs. They require more foot pressure than most cars but stop the car well enough. I would say disc size and design is of greater importance than what caliper you are using. If you can fit large discs they tend to make up for the servos not being too brilliant.

Anonymous
13-07-01, 10:10 AM
so would u say the standard astra gsi calipers and discs would be ok for now as later on down the line i plan to get drilled,and grooved disc wiv a good set off pads