PDA

View Full Version : Very confused please read

kronk10
17-01-07, 02:53 PM
I was just wondering my car when i got it had done over 100k ish my dials bust so i bought some original sr ones with obviously different miles on it. I had a rebuild last year top end had an over haul and bottem end was serviced and new shells and arp bolts. I am bit worried when i come to sell the car (if i ever sell it) i dont know if to start counting miles since when it had the rebuild or still use its original miles I am just plain confused:confused: Obviously other people must have had this problem any help or info would be great:thumb:

Stuart
17-01-07, 03:46 PM
original miles as its based on the shell

Matt2107
17-01-07, 03:48 PM
Why not do both.

Adam
17-01-07, 03:56 PM
Just write down when the engine was(the mileage)

And then if you sell just say re-built engine, done 10k etc.

Shell has done 110k etc etc.

craig green
17-01-07, 05:21 PM
Its a bit irrelevant on an old, high mileage car anyway.

The buyer will believe whatever you tell them.

stuartp
17-01-07, 06:05 PM
I wrote down the
Original clocks millage
New clocks millege
Engine over haul on the shells millage.

Dave
17-01-07, 06:23 PM
i did the same when i rebuilt mine but i used a set of different clocks so i changed them to the mileage on the car then wrote down date and miles of when the other engine was fitted so could see miles covered and how old the engine was

also you can't change the car mileage it's called 'clocking' if it has a new style mot it's on the dvla datadase so they'll know if it has suddenly de-miled itself

Riggy
17-01-07, 06:24 PM
when i fitted my gsi clocks i just altered the millage to the same as my original clocks :thumb:

kronk10
17-01-07, 08:08 PM
I will just keep a track on how many miles its done etc and what miles the shell has done and after rebuild. But if i do sell it i will probally sell to someone off here or a enthusiast. I have kept receipts for everything that i have done so i can stop worrying, i dont know why i just thought about one night and wanted to make surelol