PDA

View Full Version : sr 6 dial gauges ect

greg1.4
16-01-07, 10:21 PM
i am converting my nova 1.2 carb to a 1.3 SR engine. I want the 6 dial sr gauges in it and the rev counter working. I know there is a wire from the coil to work the rev counter but how do i wire it into my old loom? Also the plugs from the back of the sr gauge is different to theback of the dash for the old 1.2? how can i wire them in and have everything working with keeping my original wiring loom in the car with the 1300 engine??:confused:

Greg

Sirnixalot
16-01-07, 10:42 PM
are you putting the mk1 sr engine into an mk2?

ive done the same conversion and found out that the mk1 clocks wont work in the mk2 without some rewiring because of the plug differences. also there arent any of the mounting tabs on the mk1 clocks.

greg1.4
16-01-07, 10:51 PM
yes the mk1 sr engine is going in my mk2. Is it possible to put the 6 pod gauges in or is it easier to put a digi dash in? I have a digi dash and would like that in so how to i go about wiring it in? I have the transducer for the gearbox and the complete loom out of a 1.2 sx.

Sirnixalot
16-01-07, 10:53 PM
i dont know anything about the digidash but i think some searching would get you the info you need.

All else fails get some mk2 sri or gsi clocks.:thumb:

bump
16-01-07, 11:30 PM
Just pick up some mk2 clocks. You may need to add the oil pressure sender as that was an item on the GTE/GSI IIRC the SR as standard was a 4 dial and 2 light clockset.

However most of the wiring will already be in place.