PDA

View Full Version : loudest induction roar

Anonymous
06-07-01, 02:21 PM
which of these 2 options would give the loudest induction roar and by how much:

1 ---> K&N or Pipercross
2 ---> Material from a pair of tights folded over a few times (to make them about 4 layers thick) sprayed with sum WD40 or summit to catch a few more dirt particles stretched and secured over the carb opening?

the second idea is silly, but i've heard it gives a farking loud roar (BTW, this would be on a 1.2, obviously not a fire breathing monster but still gives off a roar)

or should u just buy a K&N because there isn't much difference in sound and it's a lot safer/healthier for your engine?

cheers

Anonymous
06-07-01, 02:27 PM
Tights are dodgy, and u cudnt put WD40 on, cos it wud get sucked into the engine.

My mate had tights on his, it didnt like it & it screwed the mixture up summink rotton.

Stick with a K&N, or Ramair, they are quite loud.

Anonymous
06-07-01, 02:43 PM
it wouldnt run right with tights m8, tell u wat just keep em 4 urself....u suit them u know. :P lol

>:) D.E.V.I.L. >:)

Anonymous
06-07-01, 02:47 PM
When I was a lad, I did something similar with foam. It ran o.k. for a few days, then the foam disintigrated and fucked everthing up.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)]

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
06-07-01, 03:00 PM
I have got a ramair and it is quite loud but my mate has got a pipercross on his crx and not only does it look 10 times better but the noise is unbeleivable, I know it is a different car but it is bound to sound better than a ramair one.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
06-07-01, 03:02 PM
Stick with a K&N mate. I've driven around with no filter, and it sounds the same as with the K&N on :D

Anonymous
06-07-01, 03:11 PM
just record a dragster and put a speaker under your bonnet and play the sound everytime you accelerate, this would give an evil roar from your 1.2!!!! lol!!

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
06-07-01, 03:38 PM
i was waiting for that comment :> :p

Anonymous
06-07-01, 05:14 PM
pipercross would give best sound although my K+N is excellent .Don't run without a filter as i did in my sri as it had a huge flat spot just before my cam kicked in which meant it didn't run fast enough and ate all fuel etc.It sounded gresat but was gay.
Fraz

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
06-07-01, 05:40 PM
sorry ged, I was just bored at work!!!!! as usual and I am going to be stuck here till about 2am!!!!!! :(

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
06-07-01, 08:48 PM
i am running a pipercross filter with a sportex backbox of a golf gti(slight mod to fit) an people think its a 2 litre under the bonnet

Anonymous
06-07-01, 09:38 PM
whats a airfilter?
i just got them trumpet thingys sucking like a redcar, redlight, district policewoman! B-)

noo ofense keith but i found the dirt whore hideout in redcar by the scent!!!!!!

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
07-07-01, 12:44 PM
putting the airfilter as close as possible to the airflow meter also increases the induction noise/roar

Anonymous
07-07-01, 04:48 PM
lol @ micky non taken m8,

coppers still can't get over it ;)

Anonymous
12-07-01, 12:23 PM
AS MY USERNAME BEING K&N IM BOUND TO SAY THT K&n IS THE BOLLOCKS I USE K&N ON MY 1.6I AND IT SOUNDS FUCKING WICKED GET A 57I AND REV IT 2 6000RPM AND WHEN U TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF IT SOUNDS LIKE A DUMP VALVE SHOULDNT DO IT I KNOW BUT HEY!

PLEASE DONT PUT TIGHTS OVER IT ITLL FUCK UR ENGINE UP SUMMINK CRONIC MATE! MY COUSIN DID IT ..........I LAUGHED HE FUCKED HIS CARB UP I LAUGHED AGAIN VHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA