PDA

View Full Version : exhaust popping

Anonymous
09-07-01, 04:35 PM
Whats the best way the make ur exhaust pop, i mean properly not by having ur fuel mixture set wrong etc, i still want the engine to run right. What do u hav to get in the way of cams etc, rally cam? i dunno, help please.

cheers mateys

>:) D.E.V.I.L. >:)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 04:51 PM
hole in the zorst usually does it...but it sounds shit and you'll get pulled and butt fucked from the POLIS for having a blowing zorst...

twin 40's are the other route to making it pop...i remember MC saying summit about his car popping and banging if he boots it then lifts off or on downshift or summit...MC?

Anonymous
09-07-01, 05:07 PM
lets swap cars !!! mine won't fucking stop popping and its doing my head in !!!!!

"I have reservations at Dorcia!"

"Saturday ?"

"Can't"

"I have to return some video tapes"

Anonymous
09-07-01, 05:09 PM
Or you could go for the spark plug up the zorst route... pop! bang! big flame!
Some might call you silly though... but in the end... Your choice!!!

Anonymous
09-07-01, 05:12 PM
how long is it before the spark plug gets covered in shit from the exhaust fumes and stops working?

Anonymous
09-07-01, 06:59 PM
If you`ve got an injected car, it shuts off fuel on the overun anyway so a sparkplug in the exhaust wouldn`t make a lot of difference probably.

Anonymous
09-07-01, 07:23 PM
just loosen up the manifold to system bolts to let O2 in and it will probably pop. but it sounds SAD anyway!! unless its on a race car. which yours AINT!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
09-07-01, 08:34 PM
Hmmm I think a Piper fast road cam should fit the bill perfectly.... sigh... if only there was 1 for sale on this site;)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 09:14 PM
Stick a set of SBD throttle bodies on, with a 2.25" straight through system... and see the flames light up the road behind you!!!!

Mental popping and serious bangin' when you rag it!!!

Dec
www.pngregion4.co.uk

Anonymous
10-07-01, 08:40 AM
Mine flames and pops, with an induction kit and piper exhaust.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
10-07-01, 11:04 AM
drive along at around 4000-5000 revs i think.Turn engine off while still goin,count to 3 then turn engine back on.Fuel runs into exhaust and wham.One ginormous flame from exhorst.Dunno if this works but it's meant to be mental if someones tryin to chase ya and is right up ur arse.Can't see it bein good for the engine either!!

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
10-07-01, 12:09 PM
Not good for the engine at all, it makes your valves bounce, and puts alot of stress on other components, ask Spanishfly! roflmao.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)]

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
10-07-01, 01:00 PM
could sum 1 answer my god damn question bitach! :p:p:p

how long would a spark plug screwed into your exhaust last until it got so caked up in shit from exhaust fumes that it would not spark/work properly?

if i was gonna do that trick, i wouldn't wanna be changing it every day...lol

Anonymous
10-07-01, 01:18 PM
2 days and 52mins and 3 secs. i was told i got flames outta mine when i de-accerated and pops sounds sweet like le mans cars

Anonymous
10-07-01, 01:30 PM
Ged:
Unless the engine is throwing oil out the exhaust, I don't think that there is that much gunk coming out of the engine but then again, that's just my 2 cents...