PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter/Induction kit for C14NZ

NovaHopeful
15-01-07, 01:13 PM
Hi Guys

I popped into my local halfords yesterday and asked about a performance filter/induction kit for my nova.

I was told that k&n or pipercross did not make one, but green cotton did.

However the part number for the green cotton filter (P112) when i checked on the green cotton website was for a sri.

Has anyone bought an induction kit for a 1.4 spi? if so can you give me any ideas which one?

Cheers

studaman21
15-01-07, 01:18 PM
p112 is correct. more of a bolt on kit than an induction kit. got one on my spi

Adam
15-01-07, 02:35 PM
Dont bother spending ?80 on a green kit.

Just get a astra spi air box, some tubing and a universal filter, can make one for about ?25.

NovaHopeful
15-01-07, 09:16 PM
Hi Guys,

I have just looked on POTN.com and they say that the P112 model is for mpi and the P113 for spi??

so do i need a P112 or P113?

Cheers

(Sorry little confused)

M_Parsons
15-01-07, 10:18 PM
I have a 1992 Nova, with an engine size of 1.0L. I have looked everywhere for a Induction Kit, but I'm not having any luck finding one. All the Kits that I find are advertised for a 1.4, 1.6 GTE. Does This Matter?

Please Help, It driving me nuts

If anyone has any ideas please mail me on: martin1986@tiscali.co.uk

Thanks!

novaspence
15-01-07, 11:03 PM
i dont think it matters coz mi brother had a 1.2 mk1 clio n he had a k&n filter off ov a 1.6 punto, i no u have to get the similar size 1 coz the carbs come in different size's, so u have to find out what size ur carb is (the bit that the k&n fits to) n find 1 that will match.
hope this helps u

Adam
16-01-07, 12:12 AM
A 1L has a bolt on filter.

An induction kit wont fit it.

sim0ng
16-01-07, 12:36 AM
I ran a K&N filter on my corsa when I had the C14NZ engine in it... any old thing will work though to be honest... may aswell just get one of those max power universal dealies and save yourself some money as you wont really be getting any performance gains out of it, just a bit more noise.

welsh_roadrally
16-01-07, 03:28 AM
I ran a K&N filter on my corsa when I had the C14NZ engine in it... any old thing will work though to be honest... may aswell just get one of those max power universal dealies and save yourself some money as you wont really be getting any performance gains out of it, just a bit more noise.

True just fit a universal filter on the pipe that connects to the air box
Can get these off ebay for under ?15 delivered

NovaHopeful
25-01-07, 10:34 PM
Hi guys,

I would prefer to have an original K&N or green cotton.

The green cotton P112 is for an SRI as I found out the hard way :-(

Sim0ng can you remember the model no. for the k&N u had?

or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

chunky6969
26-01-07, 12:05 AM
k&N make a filter for the 14nz ....just the filter to sit on the neck of the carb tho ..and to be honest i think it will just draw in warm air making the car slower .... i would just try and get the likes of a K&N panel filter and a cold air feed to the standard airbox ...may not look as well but it could get a few ponies