PDA

View Full Version : leccy window switches?

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:02 PM
Are MKII leccy switches illuminated?
I know MKI switches aren't....just wondered.

Can you use either on a Nova loom.....i.e. do they both use the same type of connector block?

On my new leccy window loom, the switch connection block has 4-connections in a row.

Will this fit MKI or MKII switches, or both?

Also, what other Vauxhall switches could I use without chopping off the original connection block?

Cheers. I'm off to scrappy tomorrow, to try and get a pair ;)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:07 PM
shite,I saw some switched that had these connectors!hmmmm wot were they out of???-just check my spares box,ok make that boxes-nova mk2,I aint got any switches from it tho,someone beat me to em x-( will send u a couple o pics of my switches...

Anonymous
03-07-01, 09:18 PM
That was a quick reply bob!
Cheers for the pics ;)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 11:17 PM
send me pic of switches too please, are mkII illuminated? cheers

mikeoxford@hotmail.com

Anonymous
04-07-01, 09:56 AM
Yes mk2 switches are illuminated, they have a small orange light in the middle of the switch, i think they are permenantly illuminated (when the car is running)but are only visible at night-they look quite cool! :D

Anonymous
04-07-01, 12:31 PM
On the subject of leccy windows. Mine seem to be the wrong way round. when i push the recessed (down) part in which has the light on (nearest gear knob) they go up and vice versa is this right?

Anonymous
04-07-01, 01:17 PM
fraid so, its a little gm qwirk

they are supposed to be like that, just the way they were designed.

anyone no of a reason for this??

Anonymous
04-07-01, 01:35 PM
nope,but u could easily ping the switches out n reverse them if it bothers peeps much ;)

a car one colour soon!:)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 05:13 PM
or just cut the cables goin to the motors and reverse them. Worked on mine :)

MY CAR WILL BE IN MAX POWER!!!

Anonymous
04-07-01, 05:32 PM
So do MKI and MKII switches share the same type of connection plug!

I've noticed today that the connection plugs on my loom actually have FIVE connection slots in a row, but the centre one (pin 3) is not used.
Is my loom for a MKI or a MKII??? or are they the same?
Is the extra pin (pin 3) used for powering the light in MKII switches maybe, indicating my loom is from a MKI???

I'll take a photo of my switch connection plugs, and post it up ;)

Anonymous
04-07-01, 09:52 PM
u can't just turn the swithes round there one way fitting, just re-solder the wires!!

*!!i h8 speed cameras!!*

Anonymous
04-07-01, 10:03 PM
nah, i have mk II and the centre pin thing isnt used as u say.

as for illumination, illumination only works when the ignition is on, and i just figured i only got one light, so lux like ill av 2 get a new one from vaux :(

Anonymous
05-07-01, 12:12 AM
Do the windows work without the ignition being on?

As I've got it at the mo, I can work the windows at any time....I like it this way, 'cos it's a right pain having to pit the key in and turn one click, just to open a window!

Anonymous
06-07-01, 09:05 AM
The electric windows shouldn't work with the ignition off. If you decide to leave it like that, make sure they dont drain your battery.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
06-07-01, 02:47 PM
They won't drain the battery...they don't do anything the rest of the time!

My after-market leccy windows have been wired up like that for more than 2 years, and no probs with the battery, so I'm going to wire the new vaux ones up the same.

Plus, since the loom is the same one for both the windows and the central locking, I thought the windows would work all the time anyway....the locking has to!

Anonymous
06-07-01, 02:51 PM
there are 2 feeds in the side of the fuse box
live (red)
switched live (black)
aswell as others
illumnation (green/grey)

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
07-07-01, 12:01 AM
Cheers ste....that makes sense. I've had another look at the loom, and there's a red connector, and a black one, so I gather the red is power for the locking, and the black is for the windows.
I've not got a green/grey one though, so my loom looks like it's for a MKI...maybe? i.e no illumination for the switches.
I'll have another look tomorrow ;)

Anonymous
08-07-01, 08:49 PM
my mkII loom has a red plug and black as ste says, clips in the fuse box, and my switches still illuminate? perhaps power for this is in that box of tricks on the front parcel shelf?? or is that purely locking?

Anonymous
09-07-01, 01:20 AM
The switches are illuminated all the time, when the ignition is on......at least that's how they are on the Corsa, so they don't need a different supply.

On my current after-market kit, there's a separate wire that feeds from the head-lights that illuminates the switches, but only when the lights are on.

Anonymous
09-07-01, 12:13 PM
nahh what i ment was there were other feeds in the fuse box in that side row for other stuff
(elecy windows etc)

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
09-07-01, 10:17 PM
I get ya ;)