PDA

View Full Version : GTE rotary arm

G-MANS
14-01-07, 02:58 PM
Hi, I have a Nova GTE and only recently when the car warms up properly and I accelerate the car felt like it was flooding itself, wanting to cut out and sometimes backfiring. The car has new leads, sparkplugs etc...serviced regularly and is generally in excellent condition but for some reason the problem causing the above problems is my rotar arm in my dizzy cap. I have changed 3 within the last 3 months. They last a while and then start to slack and the problem occurs again. Has anyone else experienced this? and what could be causing this problem? Do I need a completely new Distributer or is that not the main problem. Could my kent cams be causing this?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GRATELY APPRECIATED!

My engine spec is as follows: GTE 1.6i, Blydenstein B+ cylinder head, red 8.5mm magnecor leads, FSE boost valve, Kent Cams (270), modded air box (jetex panel filter), NGK spark plugs, Magnex full exhaust system. The car has been setup on rolling road properly and is said to produce 122 bhp. The car drove fantastically before this problem started to occur!

Cheers George

partytownsri
14-01-07, 03:40 PM
this happened to me mate and in the end i gave up on it because no 1 knew wot was wrong with it and they would say it needs setting up, my spec was 1.6, p+p head, piper cam kit. 4 branch and a power boost valve. i tryd changing alsorts and fixed it for a while then it came back about a month later. i payed for it to be tested electrically and all they could tell me is what wasnt wrong with it. now im building a redtop instead. mike

G-MANS
15-01-07, 06:52 PM
Yeah ive taken it enough places and no one could diagnose what was wrong with it, I think i will change the whole distributer and hope that cures the problem