PDA

View Full Version : headunit....

sim0ng
12-01-07, 03:55 PM
Want to put a bit of sound into my car and as I have the old standard casette player laying around from my corsa I thought I'd wack that in... but the darn thing needs a code which shows up on the little MFD when youre putting it in on the corsa.
Any ideas how I get around this if I decide to put it in the nova as theres no screen for the numbers an all to display on when trying to key it in... only want it temporary for a bit of sound as I'm travelling untill I find a cd player I like.

The casette players the Philips SC 201

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lucky Luke!
13-01-07, 12:23 AM
Okay its a bit of a pain in the ass but i done this before in a customers car.

We had a vauxhall display generator that we plugged into the comp however if you can re fit it into a vauxhall which has the display thats cool as well.

Once it is plugged into the display power it up and enter the code as normal once you are happy everything works and the code is correct, tune in and store the radio stations that you want preset into the unit. Then unplug the power and leave for thirty secs. Re-connect the head unit and enter the code again but this time count how many times you push each button and in what order.

You can then transfer the radio to the nova connect the power and then enter the code using the notes you made of how many times to push each button. (be careful tho as its a pain in the ass if you enter it wrong because you have to go through a 10 min wait before you can try again!)

Good luck, let me know how it goes!