PDA

View Full Version : Fuses, Alarm, Locking, Windows

Anonymous
02-07-01, 11:43 PM
Lol at the title!

erm, i came to install my central lcoking and windows to find a 10amp fuse was already in its place, strange i fort, i unclipped the fuse box and found that they had took power for my alarm of of it and spliced into the red wire.

i have no documentation for windows, alarm on locking, and wondered if a 10 amp fuse will do the job for these three items?

i had a look in my dads freelander and that didnt help at all, it had THREE SEPERATE! fuses for locking, left window, and right window! and they were ALL rated 20amp!

help please peeps?

cheers

Anonymous
03-07-01, 12:03 AM
right dont use a newer car as a guide coz they have a fuse for EVERYTHING and i mean everything!!

get a tester (multimeter or light) and probe each bit. but i'd run yer alarm seperate from the winders and locking if i were you. the locking and windows can go on a new fuse of say 20 Amps

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
03-07-01, 01:02 PM
is amps a measure of current right?

so i have to use the meter in series to see how many amps it needs?

commonly what fuse does everyone use for this conversion then?

cheers all

Anonymous
03-07-01, 06:22 PM
My windows came whith a 15 amp fuse, they do suck a bit of power. 20 amp common fuse for locking and windows should be fine.

Anonymous
03-07-01, 07:28 PM
if it doesnt blow then dont uprate it!

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
03-07-01, 07:48 PM
different approah my micky lol

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
03-07-01, 10:26 PM
yes you could buy a pack of fuses and keep putting in bigger ones till they dont blow

Anonymous
03-07-01, 11:19 PM
well, it all runs of the 10 amp fuse just fine, its not as if u r gonna use two things at once, if u alarm, disarm the car that is seperate, the locking isnt operated at the same time as nuffin else cos it is nt connected to my alarm, the only event of two things occuring is both windows being operated, ive checked this and theyre fine

stick wiv the 10 amp?