PDA

View Full Version : my first nova all help needed

daladine
11-01-07, 05:43 PM
hi there,im 14 years old and have just bought a sr shell in flame red with just a carpet in and a 1.2 engine so im looking for all the help i can get,i have just over 100 pounds and i really wont a novadose kits so i will be looking round,i need help on everything as i am only 14 and no little about novas
so PLEASE help me!

mowgli
11-01-07, 05:54 PM
welcome to nova ownership

Is it registered?
hunt round in the local papers or ring round some scrap yards & get a reasonable donor vehicle.
The sr was just a 1.3 with a low diff 5 speed box, a nice interior & a body kit & some alloys, the rest of the stuff is the same as every other 1.3 nova.
If you haven't already got one, get a haynes book.
Be patient, and get the best you can afford

daladine
11-01-07, 05:55 PM
what is a donor veichle

Mike.
11-01-07, 05:57 PM
what is a donor veichle

a car you can use for parts

burgo
11-01-07, 05:57 PM
what is a donor veichlea car which you use just for parts

daladine
11-01-07, 05:58 PM
ok and does any1 no wer i can get a momo 3 spoke ripspeed steering wheel from

burgo
11-01-07, 06:01 PM
ok and does any1 no wer i can get a momo 3 spoke ripspeed steering wheel fromaccording to your post yesterday your car doesn't even have a steering column so why the **** do you want a steering wheel

daladine
11-01-07, 06:03 PM
i have got a steering colom now i went to the scrapyard and got 1 he had a shell of a nova it had a steering colom in

Mike.
11-01-07, 06:04 PM
i'e get a doner car as said, that way you can get all the mechanicals you need i.e steering column suspension and so on, or go to a scrappy and get the parts seperatly, then you can think about a ripspeed 3spoke steering wheel lol

liam_ere
11-01-07, 06:05 PM
dont do it!!! go fot the gsi wide mouth style cheaper insurance and if your not into novas looks sort of like a body kit but that my opinion mate but welcome and you should find all the help you need here.

Liam

burgo
11-01-07, 06:05 PM
i have got a steering colom now i went to the scrapyard and got 1 he had a shell of a nova it had a steering colom ineven if that is the case if youve only got 100 guid there is alot more important things you can be spending ya money on

Iain
11-01-07, 06:07 PM
You have ?100 and you're going to waste it on a bodykit and Ripspeed steering wheel? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

daladine
11-01-07, 06:09 PM
please help me i dont no what to do,1 of my brothers freinds who has a nova is giving me 1.5td interior

Iain
11-01-07, 06:10 PM
Chrome spinners.

Novadave06
11-01-07, 06:12 PM
no offeace to anyone but Kid DOnt buy a bodykit and Ripspeed steering wheel !

daladine
11-01-07, 06:14 PM
ok what do i need i have all for driving apart from steering wheel and i have no bumper or bonnet r anything extior

JSeymour
11-01-07, 06:21 PM
take it to the scrap yard then!

your not old enough to drive. modding novas cost ???'s at 14 you wont have any. novadose kits suck. its a waste of time.

burgo
11-01-07, 06:22 PM
ok what do i need i have all for driving apart from steering wheel and i have no bumper or bonnet r anything extiorso get a rotten sr for ?50 as a donor and rob the bits you need off it

staggy_gsi
11-01-07, 07:08 PM
look mate, you have no cash and youre only 14, its a waste of time!

Jack
11-01-07, 07:09 PM
not this again lol

dont do it!!! go fot the gsi wide mouth style cheaper insurance
No its not, both would be considered bodywork modifications.

General Baxter
11-01-07, 07:16 PM
mate, just get rid of it, you will be tempted to drive it, like i did :tard: yes i am a terd!

draper
11-01-07, 07:20 PM
so youve got ?100 but you asked us for freebies last night ?? get rid, and get laid or a crate of stella - or both lol

JSeymour
11-01-07, 07:24 PM

is it realy worth telling your insurance company you've cut abit of plastic of a bumper, they'd jus think your weird!

General Baxter
11-01-07, 07:26 PM
is it realy worth telling your insurance company you've cut abit of plastic of a bumper, they'd jus think your weird!
very true, i dechormed the beemer and told them, they thought it was so funny i i phoned a 0845 number for 8mins to tell themlol

nova1.2sr
11-01-07, 07:28 PM
give this kid a break lol i have given him some stuff today i went to his workshop and looked at his nova and ill tell ya sumat,the shell is in better condition then any of yours it has no rust on it anywer,i took him a front bumper and a bonnet and he was really pleased,he showed me the engine he says when he was given it it has done 22k miles,so stop picking on him and give him a break.he trying his best to do his nova,if he doesnt the next people wont do novas as they wont even know them,so if your kind enougth give him a break,even give him some parts

draper
11-01-07, 07:31 PM
can i have free parts aswell please because im skint, why do i get the felling this is the same person - username nova1.2sr :wtf:

nova1.2sr
11-01-07, 07:32 PM
soz i have no more parts i usualy sell the stuff i dont need on ebay

Novadex
11-01-07, 07:33 PM
can i have free parts aswell please because im skint, why do i get the felling this is the same person - username nova1.2sr :wtf:

lol you do wonder...

Novadave06
11-01-07, 07:35 PM
yeah i just got onto that aswell haha !

tom reid
11-01-07, 07:42 PM
give this kid a break lol i have given him some stuff today i went to his workshop and looked at his nova and ill tell ya sumat,the shell is in better condition then any of yours it has no rust on it anywer,i took him a front bumper and a bonnet and he was really pleased,he showed me the engine he says when he was given it it has done 22k miles,so stop picking on him and give him a break.he trying his best to do his nova,if he doesnt the next people wont do novas as they wont even know them,so if your kind enougth give him a break,even give him some parts

Give him a break!!!!

I offered him parts last night and them saw he was asking for a novadose kit in WANTED,he said "cash waiting".
Even though I'm a jock Bas***d, i was prepared to give him parts because I think that he's attempting to do something positive with his spare time, better cars than drugs, asbo's and the like, but I AM A JOCK BAST**D that refuses to give to beggars.
How can you ask for help then offer to pay for goods, he should be getting his car up to a standard spec ready for an mot ect, not pissing about with fancy bodykits and steering wheels.

Rant over

liam_ere
11-01-07, 07:51 PM
not this again lol

o im sorry jack but its a bit stupid its standard parts just broken and not fixed correctly lol

Jack
11-01-07, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I know, its silly really but the insurance companies will look for any way out of paying up in the event of a claim, or screwing you over :(

Although a GSi bumper on a 1.3SR shell isn't standard fit anyway :p

draper
11-01-07, 08:06 PM
I AM A JOCK BAST**D

thought you lived in nottingham ???

lol

tom reid
11-01-07, 08:08 PM
Ok, sorry forgot to tell everyone, I'm an illegal immigrant!

nova1.2sr
11-01-07, 08:10 PM
Tom Get Of This Thread,you Wont Even Give Daladine A Chance

draper
11-01-07, 08:14 PM
Ok, sorry forgot to tell everyone, I'm an illegal immigrant!

you'll need a sense of humour on this site matey lol

Iain
11-01-07, 08:14 PM
lol This thread is most entertaining.

tom reid
11-01-07, 08:15 PM
Staying calm.

Check out the begining of the thread, then tell me I didn't give him a chance.
I and most other people on here have spent thousands of pounds on cars.

Ah why bother

nova1.2sr
no its just unfair how tom wont give daladine a chance i has seen him,he is genuine

Martin
I think its "the one who we can say his name"

just recently won an award lol

sorry kid, but for get it...

nova1.2sr corected me if i'm wrong but did'nt sr's have a 1.3 and a 1.4 engine?

This site gets better every day lmao i love it

Steve0011
11-01-07, 08:17 PM
as said get a donor car, buying each part as you need it from a scrappy will cost you a fortune.

have fun

steve

Jack
11-01-07, 08:18 PM
I think its "the one who we can say his name"

nova1.2sr corected me if i'm wrong but did'nt sr's have a 1.3 and a 1.4 engine?
Its "he who shall not be named" lol

And if the username is in relation to daladino's car, then its an SR shell with a 1.2 engine

As in the previous thread - plenty of people are willing to offer help and advice, and many have done. Up to him if he takes that advice though!

Martin
11-01-07, 08:19 PM
seriouly tho mate.. save ya money.. if the shell is mint now. by the time u come to drive it, chances are if wil be rotten and you'lve wasted all your money and time..

nova1.2sr
11-01-07, 08:22 PM
when i went to see him the shell was mint he just had some carpet n a engine so i gave him a gte bumper n bonnet

Lee
11-01-07, 08:23 PM
This thread is decidedly fishy!

Lucky Luke!
11-01-07, 08:28 PM
This thread is a bit load of BS!

Its like the blind leading the ****ing blind!

Obviously not a coinsidence either that all the ones that are sticking together are newbies!

Take the advice mate and dont bother you obviously dont have a clue about what the **** your doing and will clearly ruin a Nova, sorry to be harsh but thats how life is.

Oh and by the way what the **** is a Momo Ripspeed steering wheel? i always thought they were 2 seperate companys!

Lee-1984
11-01-07, 08:29 PM
when i went to see him the shell was mint he just had some carpet n a engine so i gave him a gte bumper n bonnet

i recon ur a fraud............funney aint you only just joined nl and you seen this bloke were the pics of shell then, show us proof u r genuain.....

tom reid
11-01-07, 08:31 PM
Watch it folks, the free speach police are monitoring this thread.

Isn't that so Nova1.2SR?

Lucky Luke!
11-01-07, 08:37 PM
Put your handbag away young lady!

You cant have attitude on here, you'll get made to feel as small as your cock by doing that!

General Baxter
11-01-07, 08:38 PM
Watch it folks, the free speach police are monitoring this thread.

Stu, Dan, Ian ? lol

Adam
12-01-07, 12:55 AM
Entertaining

staggy_gsi
12-01-07, 06:42 PM
lol wtf is goin on here!?

these two are quite obviously the same person, its a bit of a coincidence that a newbie names himself nova1.2sr at the same time this kid shows up!!

but carry on its amusing! lol

John
12-01-07, 07:30 PM
Where is stuart with his twopennys worth when you need him?!! :D
Lmfao at this! more!

Ps is a donor car like a donor kebab but larger and less tasty?lol

draper
12-01-07, 08:19 PM
Ps is a donor car like a donor kebab but larger and less tasty?lol

LMFAO

and you mean more tasty :thumb:

chimp007_uk
12-01-07, 08:36 PM
this is funny... lol

why bother making up another person? are you lonely and have no friends, so you make up a fake person to have a conversation to??? lol

your 14, you can't drive for 3 years, and in 3 years your car will be a pile of rust. you have many other 14 year old things to do. ?100 wont get you s**t, so don't bother!

John
12-01-07, 08:46 PM
LMFAO

and you mean more tasty :thumb:

Yep you're right obviously draper, i reckon that a donor car would be well tasty, esp compared to some of my local take-away establishments!

John
12-01-07, 08:49 PM
Hmmm, notice how they both post in red too?

draper
12-01-07, 08:57 PM
i im pretty sure "chilli sauce boss" actually does aid downforce

chimp007_uk
12-01-07, 10:02 PM
and chilli's are like nos

Ste L
12-01-07, 10:28 PM
whats with all the ****ing kids on here lately...

think we need to only 17yrs+ people on here

sim0ng
12-01-07, 11:20 PM
why bother making up another person? are you lonely and have no friends, so you make up a fake person to have a conversation to??? lol

I think its kinda cute... he still has his imaginary friends :)

I'd have been willing to help if he weren't going to be so strange and sign up under false ID's.... why not one of the moderators check the poster IP addresses?? If they match then its the same person... if they don't... well... he could have his IP to renew itself every day