PDA

View Full Version : Central locking

Anonymous
01-07-01, 12:19 AM
I managed to get hold of a central locking/elecy window set today, including everything I need.....elecy window motors, central-locking solenoids & control unit, plus the wiring loom.

The thing is, how do I attach the solenoids inside the doors.....which part of the door lock do I attach the plunger to, then where do I attach the solenoids.
I gather in Novas with central locking as standard, there's an extra bracket inside the door......I think I've seen that said before...oh yes, in the guide on this site. That guide is for fitting Volvo solenoids though.....is it the same for these proper Nova ones? (apart from wiring).

Is the best way to mount them by making some a brackets? Have anyone got a pic of the location of the central locking in a Nova with it as standard?

Cheers.

Anonymous
01-07-01, 01:51 AM
yeah its the same

u can use the brakets are just bolt the motors to the doors (aslong as there free to move as they should)

the rest is just the same in principle
i have done both ways and none is better than the other

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
01-07-01, 03:22 PM
Yeh, mine are screwed to the doors.

Anonymous
01-07-01, 11:23 PM
Cheers lads ;)

I'll try and get it done tomorrow night then :D

I think I'll de-lock the passenger door while I'm at it...that side of the car is currently in primer ready for painting (finishing it off since repairing rear arch), so I may as well take the opportunity before I paint it!

Anonymous
02-07-01, 06:21 PM
i just got all this kit too from just novas, when i come to fitting the solenoids, where does the likage bit attach too? he drilled the pop riveted brakets off the nova sdo i got them already, but where does the hook shaped metal bit with a hole attach to?

Anonymous
03-07-01, 01:11 PM
What do the proper brackets look like?

I'm gonna make some, but want an idea of what the original ones are like.....has anyone got a pic, or could someone do a quick sketch?