PDA

View Full Version : Samco hoses...

Anonymous
02-07-01, 10:42 AM
Has anyone else fitted Samco hoses and had an arse of a time fitting the Matrix pipes? All of the major coolant pipes were fine, but the long length for running to the matrix pipes were a smaller diameter. I got them on in the end with the clever use of Vaseline, boiling water and a screwdriver but not before loosing the skin off of one knuckle.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
02-07-01, 11:50 AM
No pain-no gain.
I think u should keep the bit about vaseline, hotwater and a screwdriver to yourself..it don't sound natural to me!:D

Anonymous
02-07-01, 11:53 AM
They are just the implements Donna always has to hand!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
02-07-01, 11:57 AM
?? Lordy!This antiswearing thing has a mind of its own. Cockerel: Wankel engine: Pricked finger: Hearse...

Anonymous
02-07-01, 12:01 PM
LMAO @ CP and MC

You guys!

B-)As long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!B-)

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
02-07-01, 12:03 PM
lol, you`re just a big kid really aren`t you.

Really really big! lol.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
02-07-01, 12:05 PM
Lol
BTW Fenix hows the motah runnin?

Anonymous
02-07-01, 12:08 PM
Have u sorted the overheating now?

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
02-07-01, 12:18 PM
Mota is dead. Yet again.

Changed the thermostat over. Left engine running for 30 mins at idle. Everything fine no signs of rapid heat build up (although i need to change fan switch).

Set off home happy. Everything goes wrong.

As soon as i put foot on accelerator car tries to die! have to put foot to the floor to get revs to build and it was building up agonisingly slow 10 -15 secs to build up 2500 revs in 2nd. God knows whats wrong and i don't even want to look coz i just know it'll cost me more money.

B-)As long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!B-)

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
02-07-01, 01:35 PM
Just a thought & sorry if this sounds obvious but check the timing again. It is poss to get the engine to run whilst being a tooth out on the cambelt. I've done it on another car and it takes ages to build the revs and it overheats and generally runs shit although it will tickover albeit lumpy. Also you will need to advance the timing on the dizzy a fair bit ( 2-3 mm clockwise if looking from the cap end towards the cam sprocket)if u have fitted a well modded head and 40's.
When i fit a cambelt i turn the cam sprocket about half a tooth clockwise to make it easier to feed the belt on. If you dont do this it is easy to end up 1 tooth retarded as you struggle to get it all on.
sorry if u've done all this - just trying to help :)

Anonymous
02-07-01, 01:45 PM
Cheers CP. I think it probably will turn out to be the timing belt being out a tooth. Just worried about any damage it may have done.

The dizzy is spot on had it checked a few days ago. But we had to remove the belt to fit the new stat. Looks like the culprit.

WWW.SAXOKILLERS.COM

Anonymous
02-07-01, 01:55 PM
Yep, I (actually my m8) did that when I first put my 1400 in. It would run, but run really badly and I drove it like that for a couple of days. On the 1400 you`ve got enough valve clearence to be quite a few notches out without doing any damage so dont worry too much. The easiest way to line the belt up accurately is to remove the bottom pulley. U can then se the sprocket which will have a mark in it and will line up perfectly with a mark on the edge of the sump. That is the easiest one to see with no guesswork as to wether its lined up or not. Check out the Haynes on this.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Anonymous
02-07-01, 04:22 PM
thats wat i thought then i went to turn it over and all i heard was a click so i turn key back quicker than u can say fuck and tryed movin the vernier pulley and it was rock hard so when i took the head of i found out i broke 2 valves and 2 followers couldnt believe it so i though stuff it and bought a blydenstien head. everytime i take my belt off now i always turn the bottom pulley 360deg round to make sure the valves dont hit the pistons

Anonymous
02-07-01, 05:34 PM
This is MC

Fenix already has a B+ head, thats why he is prayin he hasnt fecked it! I always turn the lump over by hand first aswell (except the above time).