PDA

View Full Version : window removal

bigbened
11-01-07, 12:30 AM
Right i need to remove the window from my boot (i think if youve got a better way tell me) so i can prep and paint it. whats the best way to get it out and back in. cheers

slug
11-01-07, 05:42 AM
best way to get back window out is with tailgate closed and you inside the vehicle is to gentle push the rubber over the metal window lip start from the middle of the top of the window and work out down both side apporx halfway down then go round to back of vehicle and gentle pull window out.To put back in you will need a mate put a piece of cord or thin rope the lip of window rubber with the rubber round the window and over lap cord by about six inches at either top or bottom the place window and rubber back in window hole and while one person pushes on window the other sits inside car and pulls cord towards middle of window all the way until window rubber fully back in hole or you could just tuck a piece of cord under the outside lip ot window rubber to just lift it clear of body work then mask up tail gate glass

Jeff16v
11-01-07, 01:50 PM
You could do what the theives scumbags did to mine, they sliced it on the outside, they even stole the back window!

better make sure you've got a spare though!

Timmy
11-01-07, 08:21 PM
a window fitter will do it for next to nothing

bigbened
11-01-07, 11:32 PM
ok the boots not on the car so its probably going to be hard getting it out and i dont want to break the seal, so where or who sits windows.

probably a stupid question but im tired

Paul
12-01-07, 02:14 PM
its easy mate, just prise it out with a screw drivers from the inside, it will take 2 mins, and 2 mins to refit.

Start from the beginning of a corner, work round the corner prising the seal off away from thi inside of the car, and just work up the straight to the next corner, you will feel it start to come out then just go down the top/bottom of the window prising it out, and hey presto job done!

bigbened
12-01-07, 07:12 PM
all done now peice a piss job to do . cheers for the help