PDA

View Full Version : INSURANCE

Anonymous
28-06-01, 06:43 PM
i have just bought a nova sr 1.3. i asked my dad to get a quote (for himself on it) as he is and old fart with 200 yrs NCB. he phoned up churchill (because his car is with them) and asked for a quote. he told them the details of the car, and they said that there was no such thing as a 1.3 sr, ONLY 1.4, and they said that it was group 8 insurance - i thought it was only group 5????? are they talking complete and utter shite or is it just me? by the way, the quote was about 200 quid fully comp with NCP.

Dont go and die on me will ya?!

Anonymous
28-06-01, 06:50 PM
a few insurance companies dot recognise some models of novas. ive had this prob too as i have a mk2 1.2 carb and they go, hmm are you sure about this? coz insurance compnies are kinda STUPID!!

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
28-06-01, 08:22 PM
make sure he gives the right year for it.

Anonymous
28-06-01, 09:16 PM
They get really confused when you have a special edition....Antibes...what's one of those?
At least Performance Direct knew what it was, but others I tried didn't!

Anonymous
28-06-01, 10:38 PM
I found phoning around that you get alsorts of bollox from various companies. Don't believe half of it.
Assuming you are under 25 and that he is insuring the car for both of you to drive, I'm suprised they even quoted him. Most will refuse to do it that way round and will instead put the policy in your name as you are the biggest risk. If you can get away with it for ?200 go 4 it dead quick b4 they wake up and sus you:D

Anonymous
29-06-01, 09:58 PM
Thats naughty CP, though you "ahem, older people" wouldn't advise that sort of thing ;)
If you do decide to go through Churchill, be careful, as if they catch you out, it could lead to something bad.

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
29-06-01, 10:36 PM
i agree with cp i have been phoning round all week an most would not touch the car when you say modified eventually got sorted nightmare of a week X-(

Anonymous
29-06-01, 11:26 PM
I've just renewed my insurance....so much for the increase inprice that they've been talking about in the media.....14% my arse!

mines only gone up ?2.18!
Now it's ?252.18, which included my extra mods since last year!

Anonymous
30-06-01, 01:06 AM
i am 19 and will soon have a fully modded 2ltr 16 valve nova on the road worth ?5500 with wheels, exhaust, lowered and a filter. It has a cat 1 alarm and is always garaged i have 2 yrs no claims and no convictions all this for the measley sum of ?1300 tpft all declared with a well known insurance company!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPP PPPPPPP

Anonymous
01-07-01, 06:36 PM
So are there any 17 year olds with a decent 1.3 with aloys etc ???,, if so how much do you pay and who is it with ??, :-/