PDA

View Full Version : what material is on nova seats?

SRlew
10-01-07, 06:47 PM
right iv had the bolster of a seat patched up before but i just robbed some material from a spare back seat i had,

but now iv got a nova with brown interior with some bolster wear. so i need to know what sort of material it is that i need, or the closest matching material. anyone else found one?

help appriciated, lew

SRlew
11-01-07, 09:41 PM
come on there must be someone on here whos patched up a seat or know what metterial it is.

i really want to know so i can make the brown check interior look near mint.

NOV4_SPORT
11-01-07, 10:01 PM
sounds like a lot of work, but if you get hold of a passangers side seat, and remove the material cover on the top part of the seat, now unstich the vinyl from the back of it, do this to the drivers side two, so now re stich the passengers side front section( brown check) and the vinyl from the drivers side(back) this way you will have the reclining grab handle on the correct side, or you could just give it all to a local upholstterar to do for you, iam in the process of doing the repair of my sport seat, its tricky, but going to be worht the effort imo.

SRlew
11-01-07, 10:26 PM
thats not a bad i dea, not sure if i'll see one of thses seats forsale for a while tho.
but i had my old seat done but this time i need to know what meterial to use.
if not then the hunt for some seats the same as mine are on lol

hows the repair of yours going?

dannyb
12-01-07, 11:18 AM
Is it the velour stuff your talking about? I fixed my worn bolster by fitting a spare back part off a passenger seat - 100% mint bolster until i find a decent drivers seat.n The recliner bits on the wrong side but meh- it looks tidy as.