PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 GTE fron Mk2 GSi Fronts..

Anonymous
29-06-01, 04:34 PM
Alright Peeps!. I own an Nova GTE G plate, and I wouldnt mind changing the front with the nice slim GSi Head lights / Grill and Bumper. But does anyone know if I need to change my Wings as well ? Or will the headlights sit in the correct place , along with the new grill and bumper?! :-/

Anonymous
29-06-01, 04:36 PM
I would think it depends on whether or not you change the indicators aswell, I have never seen a MK2 front(bumper,grill,lights) with MK1 indicators before.

Mmmmm forbidden donut. :)

Anonymous
29-06-01, 04:53 PM
I have,it looks silly,u can get lites for next to nothing at breakers,and u could just body filler the gap under the indicator in the wing,your choice at the end of the day tho

Anonymous
29-06-01, 05:46 PM
yeah best to buy the new wings too.There onjly like 25 squid a side then u have a rust free(if there was any before) front end.

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
29-06-01, 06:19 PM
new style indicators wont fit in MK1 wings, the new style indicators go further into the wing than the MK1's

Anonymous
29-06-01, 06:59 PM
mk2 grill and headlights/bumpers will go with mk1 wings and mk1 indicators with a bit ov jiggery pokery

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
29-06-01, 07:06 PM
I`ts a right p1sser to get it looking right. (I`ve tried mk2 wings and indicators with mk1 lights and it`s a ball-acher!)

Anonymous
29-06-01, 08:28 PM
LOL thanks lads! Well I think I will change the wings to the Mk2 wings, as some old bint decided to rest her trolly on the wing, ands it dented it!. So if I go with Two New wings / New indicators / Head Lights / Bumper and GRILL it should be cool ? haha I hope!

Anonymous
01-07-01, 04:31 PM
Don't forget the two small clips for mouting the MkII headlights. They're about 30p ea from Vauxhall, else the headlights will not sit properly. Also you'll need some range motors for the headlights, or try to get hold of MKII lights which didn't have electric range adjustment, else the reflector part shakes. HTH